Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Curvy Walled DCR

3.5 inch Vifa TC9FD in dual chamber reflex, 14 in tall x 11 in deep x 6 in wide.

406141d1394938395-viva-la-vifa-curvy-cabinet-dcr-tc9fd-dcr-vifa-final-photo-1.jpg

406142d1394938395-viva-la-vifa-curvy-cabinet-dcr-tc9fd-dcr-vifa-final-photo-2.jpg

More details here:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full-range/252627-viva-la-vifa-curvy-cabinet-dcr-tc9fd.html

Thanks guys, i haven,t heard them yet, robert had a little go with them we are waiting for binding posts to arrive.
Chris i don,t have any back pics on my computer / for some syber reason cameras and linx op system dont get along so usually i say robert can you fix this??please, any hoo the backs are finished in walnut veneer with 1 1/2" ports don,t know the final length.
Robert might pipe in with pics and his first impressions we already have 100 hrs on the drivers
paul

Last edited:
I can pipe in on the sound of those Walnut/Elm boxes. Simply put.. outstanding for a small bookshelf!

Bass easily extends into the mid 40's in room, in a well controlled manner. To be honest, I wouldn't be dissapointed if someone where to steal away my current A7.3 bookshelves leaving me with only these. While the a7s clearly have the edge in virtually all aspects, these little CHR70's are simply over achievers in my mind.

With a subwoofer handling material below 80hz they make for quite the set.

:cheers:

In these enclosures, they sound absolutely stunning. I pair them with a 30w SET tube amp, and it is the most satisfying speaker I had in my house. They replace AN KIT 04 with allout alnico and silver drivers, and I don't miss them.
Have you built enclosures for yours? I am sceptical to the recommended fostex design. Looks flimsy for such a powerful driver with 15mm ply and only single walls.

I installed mine in a pair of Vulcan cabinets that I had previously built and was very impressed . I was surprised when I connected them to a modest subwoofer through the high pass filter on the sub, I was not expecting much but the result was spectacular. Relieving them of the burden of producing anything below 120 hz seems to have a profound effect on the rest of the spectrum. I am going to build other cabinets for them though not sure what. Maybe Kirishima or perhaps Dallas, I have the luxury of a wife who allows me to indulge myself so I like the idea of big cabinets. I will also experiment with subwoofers, tweeters and an active crossover. For amplification I use AN Conquest monoblocks.

I installed mine in a pair of Vulcan cabinets that I had previously built and was very impressed . I was surprised when I connected them to a modest subwoofer through the high pass filter on the sub, I was not expecting much but the result was spectacular. Relieving them of the burden of producing anything below 120 hz seems to have a profound effect on the rest of the spectrum. I am going to build other cabinets for them though not sure what. Maybe Kirishima or perhaps Dallas, I have the luxury of a wife who allows me to indulge myself so I like the idea of big cabinets. I will also experiment with subwoofers, tweeters and an active crossover. For amplification I use AN Conquest monoblocks.

For inspiration, can you post an image of FE203En-s in vulcan?

The nagaokas are easily accepted by our better halfes with its aestetic design. Vulcan looks beautiful, but maybe a little dominant in a modest living room.
Intresting comment about the bass relief. So far I experience the bass output of the Nagaoka as very satisfying. I never heard such a "live" and agile midbass in my setup before. Of course there is a lack of bass below 50hz, but in my old wooden house, deep bass from BR speakers never sounded too good anyway.