Full range on wall for home theater?

My A7 MLTL Build

First I want to say thanks to XRK for posting this design.

We just redid the living room and there wasn't any good location to put the FH3s I had previously built for the Alpair 7s and loved so I went searching for other options.

I saw XRKs design for the flat wall mount and decided with a little work I could make this something that would blend in and not provoke any strong objections. With some artwork and frame the two speakers blend in pretty well and sound about 99% as good as the FH3s they replaced.

Thanks Again.

Attachments

• IMG_0088.jpg
    IMG_0088.jpg
    738.2 KB · Views: 639
  • IMG_0089.jpg
    IMG_0089.jpg
    581 KB · Views: 477
  • IMG_0090.jpg
    IMG_0090.jpg
    612.7 KB · Views: 468
  • IMG_0091.jpg
    IMG_0091.jpg
    816.5 KB · Views: 466
Pluvia 7 in the Original design?

I wonder how the Pluvia 7 would work in the original 15" X 15" X 2.75" original design? I have a few of these drivers and this looks like the perfect design for my needs. I know it's been mentioned in other threads that the Pluvia 7 is an almost drop-in replacement for the EL70 in many designs. Any input would be appreciated. I also have several of the Tectonic TEBM65C20F-8 if that would be a better fit.

Thanks

Thanks Xrk. Sorry I wasn't being exactly clear. I should have asked if you came up with dimensions for mltl wall units with the pa130. Like you had mentioned in post 49. Even better I should have asked how one would go about figuring the parameters for a newbie such as myself. I have followed a few of your threads and projects and must thank you for being so generous with your insights and talents. I have built the tc9 karlsonators and the pa130 xki which I liked.... Armond.

Well I was thinking that the wall mount style with a picture or something was pretty cool. I have seen some pretty fantistic looking ones on here. So as far as size big and large would be no problem. I will look through this thread again and try to see what you use to model it. I know you have mentioned akabak before and I had previously down loaded it but I am not pc savvy and could not make it work. I will see if a friend can help with getting it to work. I am trying to follow the old adadge teach a man to fish. I am trying to do my own homework but kinda frustrated trying to start. Thanks again.

Hey! I'm new here!

Not new to building speakers, but new to calculating transmission lines, anyway :)

I recently got my hands on a pair of Alpair 7.3's, and now wan't them on my wall next to the 65". This MLTL design seems very nice. I thought about the Cornu, but have no clue yet how the dimensions would change to fit the Alpairs.

Anyway, I tried scouring through this thread and am wondering, what would be the current "reference" build for this? I'd prefer to use the fullrange setup with as little filtering as possible.

Is the recommended vent length 1,5"?

How much does the volume matter? If the internal depth is, say 6,9cm instead of 7cm, would that ruin everything? (I'm planning to build this out of plywood cutouts glued on top of each other.)

Anything else I should be acutely aware of before going to get the woodstuff?

Big thanks in advance, and merry xmas all!