• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Various items

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
FS: Ohm Model C, 2-way Speakers

Ohm Model C (Mk1) - $100 OBO - These are 2-way sealed Cs, not the C2 which is a ported 3-way. An early example of Ohm's prowess at combining drivers to develop a very simple, yet coherent image. They sound quite good. Woofers have been refoamed. I have not taken the crossovers apart, but they look well built. The tweeter adjustment dial works without issue. Cabinets are in pretty good shape. A few "rings" from coffee cups, but should buff out with a light sand and some finishing oil. Grills are in good shape and the original red/brown/black woven cloth is in tact. I A/B'd these against the AR3a and they were very competitive in terms of bass. Midrange was better on the ARs, high end was better on these. Local preferred.

I have read up a little on the Philips AD 0160/t8 tweeter that's used on these speakers and it's a decent unit that behaves favorably with a little dampening material added to the baffle. I can make those adjustments for whomever buys these. It's supposed to soften a bump at 13 kHz. Frequency response is good up until 17 kHz where it drops off, according to the research I did. One of the compromises of early dome tweeters that were tasked with handling a significant portion of the midrange frequencies in addition to the high end.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

FS: DCM TF1000 Speakers, Restored, Fantastic!

DCM TF1000 Painstakingly Restored - $500 OBO - They sound incredible. They look ominous. A lot of man hours and money went into making them as close to perfect as possible. Recapped, rewound two of the four large inductors BY HAND, new headliner fabric, new cloth "socks" sewn by a pro, refinished top and bottom wood caps in satin clear coat, correct drivers, and original manual and documentation. Sound impeccable.

15456403761_ac6fbda924_b.jpg

15156406546_96f50d7a5e_b.jpg

14992872177_e45699d772_b.jpg

Last edited:
FS: Audio Dynamics (DBX clone) Stack! Amp, Preamp, Tuner

Audio Dynamics T200, C200 & B200 - $500 -Just serviced locally by a retired tech. Cleaned relay contacts on the amp, adjusted bias current on the amp, cleaned dials on the pre, replaced a few LED on the pre, and cleaned up some ugly solder joints on the pre and the tuna.

Amp puts out 200wpc to 4 speakers in bridged 2 channel mode. Can also be configured for 3 channel mode or 4 channel mode (allowing for 8 speakers total at 100 watts each). The preamp has a ton of inputs, proc loop, MM/MC phono, and 3 tape loops. Tuner is crystal clear and sweet.

Asking $500 for the stack, or make me an offer on the DCM and DBX together for an alphabet soup "special price."

iPod not included, but I might consider selling that too.....

FS: NAD T572 DVD Carousel, Works great!

NAD T572 5-disc DVD Carousel - $100 OBO - This unit is in perfect condition and has never let me down. Plays DVD, CD, HDCD, CDR/MP3, and maybe one or two other formats. Sound is crystal clear. It looks new.

I have the original box, packaging and remote control.

Does not have HDMI. I already have another NAD DVD player or I wouldn't be selling this one.

Will ship if needed.

FS: STAX SRD-4 Earspeakers Controller

STAX SRD-4 Earspeakers Adapter/Controller - $40 OBO - I picked this piece up in the hopes of finding some STAX cans to try them on. I need to move on. I am very happy with my current cans. I can't speak to the functionality since I never really had a chance to try it out. But it looks in good shape.

Bump!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.