• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS - TKD 10K Stereo Stepped Attenuator - NEW

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For Sale a TKD 10K stereo Stepped Attenuator, model 2P65CS, 65dB, BRAND NEW, never used, still in its sealed plastic bag. Bought directly from Percy Audio and paid 249U$ for it. Probably the best off the self attenuator that you can buy. This is also a 40 steps attenuator, insuring very accurate volume setting. All other attenuators are usually limited to 24 steps causing coarse volume adjustments. There is also only one resistor in series with each step, insuring maximum signal integrity. The major signal block of any preamp is probably the volume control, being the first one in line with the audio signal.

The 10K value is great to use for a passive preamp, to upgrade a cheap volume pot or inside an integrated tube amp for example. Was bought for a customer that changed his mind, so here your chance to get this beauty.

Asking 200U$, shipping included anywhere in North America. You save more than 50$. My lost is your gain. Send me an email if interested.

Attachments

• TKD_10K.jpg
    TKD_10K.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 286
There is also only one resistor in series with each step, insuring maximum signal integrity.

I don't believe that is the case. As far as I'm aware, the TKD is a series attenuator, which means that the number of resistors in series depends on the position, i.e. more at higher attenuation levels, fewer at lower attenuation levels.

Anyway, if you're not able to find a buyer for it in the next couple of weeks, let me know.

se

For Sale a TKD 10K stereo Stepped Attenuator, model 2P65CS, 65dB, BRAND NEW, never used, still in its sealed plastic bag. Bought directly from Percy Audio and paid 249U$ for it. Probably the best off the self attenuator that you can buy. This is also a 40 steps attenuator, insuring very accurate volume setting. All other attenuators are usually limited to 24 steps causing coarse volume adjustments. There is also only one resistor in series with each step, insuring maximum signal integrity. The major signal block of any preamp is probably the volume control, being the first one in line with the audio signal.

The 10K value is great to use for a passive preamp, to upgrade a cheap volume pot or inside an integrated tube amp for example. Was bought for a customer that changed his mind, so here your chance to get this beauty.

Asking 200U$, shipping included anywhere in North America. You save more than 50$. My lost is your gain. Send me an email if interested.

Bump for a good quality pot :( wish i had the money.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.