• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Tim Rawson F5 clone amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Guys. Here it is

Ok. Still need on last spot of advice. There is no wire from ground pin on iec but there is one from bottom of ps to chassis. Do I need to do anything

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 324
Here is other

From what I can see there is still no mains earth connection from the IEC to the chassis. As others have patiently pointed out this must be a direct connection to the metal casework as without it a fault can KILL. I have no idea how this Rawson guy has not had his *** sued by Pass Labs or someone else. From the number of these pieces of sh*t floating around on every audio sale site and ebay it's clear that he is building small commercial volumes of these things, regardless of his DIY premise. This behavior gives our entire community a bad name. I'd have some choice words if I ever came face to face with this clown.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
the fact that he profits off of generosity of mr.pass is offensive enough but if you really crunch the numbers he doesn't make that much off of it, maybe $100 for personal gains but for $500 i'd gladly pay anyone to have pass amp delivered to my door.

It's not a Pass amp. It's an ugly and outright dangerous attempt copying a published design, a design that was intended for non commercial use for the DIY community, and from the looks of it even the pcb's are knockoffs of the community design. The amplifier in question must have been assembled hastily and unskillfully, disregarding most basic safety guidelines.
It's not a clone, it's not to be associated with the brand name Pass and these forums should not be used to barter or to attempt to mend this crap, because it gives anyone involved a bad rep.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.