• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Some of my best gear--many great drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following hours of agony anticipating the depths of seller's remorse I'd plunge into upon the sale of my de-whizzered Fostex FE168 Sigmas, I've had a change of heart and decided not to sell them at this time. Too darned sweet! So, with humble apologies, I withdraw them from the list.

So, here's the updated list of sale items with sold (and retracted) items deleted:

EV SP-12 wide-range pair, alnico, protected in cabinets their whole life, excellent shape. $225

JBL 2150 coaxial single. good shape. $75

Tannoy CMS65 ICT coaxial pair, inductively coupled domes, crossoverless, brand new in boxes. $70

Selenium ST320 slot tweeter pair—the high-performance ones—like new in boxes with 1 extra replacement diaphragm. $75

JBL 2342 horn pair (featured on 4425 monitors) like new. $220

JBL 2344a horn pair (featured on 4430 monitors) like new $275

Philips 9710M pair, good condition. $225

Dynaudio D54af pair, dome midranges, new in boxes. $225

EV PRO-12B coaxial pair, excellent condition, foam like new (very rare!) $160

Grado Green phono cartridge, used once, like new. $75

JBL 2485J midrange compression driver pair—Excellent! Includes an extra pair of NIB correct phenolic diaphragms. $430

Stephens FR120 single widerange driver. Fine shape, no dings on center cap. $70

Blaupunkt PA275 Tripath digital 2-ch. full-range amp. Excellent. $75

Hamlin’s (same as Lafayette SK-98) fullrange driver pair. EXTREMELY rare and sought-after. $180

Knight KN 612 HC coax pair in great condition. These were manufactured by EV and are practically identical to the more common EV 12trx. Very rare. $225

Bill F. speaker sale

Hi Bill,
The drivers turned up here in OZ. Sooperdooper packing, it was an early crimbo for me. Fabulous :D I will need another PRO12 if available . The Tannoy/Goodmans ICT's are just wonderful, no bass (open mid panel) but the midrange and top end are simply sublime.
Fellow DIYers take note; This has been a top experience and a super deal from Bill.
Best wishes for the New year and enjoy the bike and new addition.
TTFN, Peter.

Thanks for the word, Peter! Glad you're enjoying your drivers!

Sorry, but I'm out of PRO-12B units. However, I do have more Tannoy ICTs, if anyone's interested.

In the meantime, I'm going to experiment with a pair of ICTs over some EV 15b's, ala BassZilla. They do sound so nice in OBs!

Bike's in the garrage until spring. :( New addition is loads of fun--she's nearly walking now. :)

Here is the picture.

Bill

Attachments

• d54af.jpg
    d54af.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 458
Due to popular demand, I've decided to put another pair of the holey-basket Coral version of the fabled FE103a up for sale. Fine cosmetic and functional condition.

Dave (Planet-10), our own resident expert, says,
All of the FE103A variations sound excellent, The holey basket Corals are generally considered best of breed.

$75 + shipping.

Hi Gary,

I don't have a picture of the 612HC units, but I can snap one tonight.

Here is a picture of a couple of 600HC units I sold a while back to give you an idea of what the 612HC looks like. The 612HC looks almost identical, but it is the next model up, with the 12TRX paper cone + whizzer instead of the expanded polystryrene of the 600HC.

My 612HC pair is in great looking condition, too.

They're real shoulder-dislocating monsters! They weigh quite a bit more even than the EV badged 12TRX, if you can believe that! Total overbuilt quality beyond most anything made in recent decades.

Attachments

• knight coaxes.jpg
    knight coaxes.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 376
Bill, those look great. If its not to much work a picture would be great.

I've been looking for a pair of EV 12TRXBs, but these might be a good option. How big of a cabinet do you think these would need to be in? Any other info as far as specs that yoou know of?

I'll stop bothering you after this question, shipping to 55116.

Thanks much, Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.