• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Skanning (Audio Technology) Woofers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I apologize. My favorites are the 7" units. I'm doing my darndest to find a way to hold onto these. I have an offer for the four 'long gap, short coil' 5" units. I'm not so enamoured of those (even though they likely kick serious ***). My biz partner is, so they were primarily a purchase to satisfy his desires. And when we're trying to figure out which wheelchair to push off the cliff first, his is my personal choice, instead of mine.

They retail for about $500 each, slightly over that, depending on version. That's $2000.00 for four woofers. taxes..shipping..etc. headache, wimpering and well beaten credit cards, etc.

What was the offer again? :)

I was apparently off in never never land for the past week or so. All still available!

Not for free of course. Best you'll get in the US, is OVER $2000 for the 4 sevens, and about $1450-1600 for the 4 5's.

$1300 for all four sevens, I'd like to sell all four at once.

Low ballers will be politely ignored. :)

I'm not sure either driver is currently stocked by anyone, either.

The 5 is a 20 mm top plate, with 6 mm coil, for EXCEPTIONAL midrange..combined with throw, for the bottom! About as good as it gets, period. About 89-90db efficency. Use one of these with a MDT 33 or the like..and WOW! Tunage to die for.

I principally design MTM's, which is why I have four of each. These are the midbass drivers of my dreams, and I hate to sell them. This is why I want to sell all four at once, of any given driver size. Selling only two, feels like cutting a body in half. Non-functional.

??????????..............

In your 1st post you had:

"Asking $250.00US each, for the 7" (18cm) drivers. (madisuond is asking $330.00US for a similar driver)
Asking $215.00US each, for the 5" (15cm) drivers."

Now it's:

"$1300 for all four sevens, I'd like to sell all four at once."

I HOPE that's Canadian dollars b/c that breaks down to $325 each which is a lot more then you were originally asking. Never heard of anyone rasing the price of something they still couldn't sell after a year & a half later (20 months to be exact) Gotta hand it you you Canadians.... pretty thrifty :)

Make me an offer on 2 - 7" units & your sub

The US price on thes has gone UP by about 30% or more in the meantime, so that's the 'why' of the price increase. So it's $1300US, yes.

Shop around. :)

I'm just making sure the numbers are high enough for a true buyer to step forward, and to have lowballers fall off the face of the planet. Nothing personal!

I heard you on the two 5's, and would sell if we can find a buyer for the other two.

Any buyer for the remaining TWO of the fives!!??

the 7's have a bit of use on them now.

I'm listening to them as I write this.

They are in a pair of prototypes that the finished models retail for $27k with the digital crossover. Ouch.

Thankfully I make them and don't have to pay full retail.

They are very orange, with 14 coats of a custom 'transparent orange' coating I designed in the lab. Bottom photo in the page supplied, That's my partner, Taras in the photo.

I don't know of anyone who knows more about acoustics and mechanical noise control than this guy.

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/festival_son_image_2007/pgold/part2.htm

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.