• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS in Los Angeles: subwoofer, subwoofer cabinet, oscilliscope, KEF center...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
August bump!

Going to stick with one subwoofer channel (LIKE THE COMMON MAN) and so am selling:

MiniDSP 2x4 balanced
adapter cables Phoenix to RCA for 2 channels input, and 2 channels output (ie: you need two more channels worth of adapters)
power supply
2x4 plug-in
shipped to CONUS for
$125

Cheers!
Tal

Decided to keep the Keiga 52100 plate amp, but am selling the Class D Audio CDA-1000 Kit with 600VA transformer that I bought to replace it. Keiga solution with auto-on works fine for me for the two 8 ohm subwoofers I have in parallel. $250 + shipping.

Linky:
CDA-1000 Kit

Description (mine has the 600VA tranny):
Package deal includes 2 of our most popular 250W X 2, or 500W X 1 Class D Power Amplifier, Large Power Supply, 400VA AnTek toroidal transformer, and transformer mounting kit. This is a great combination of components for a complete audiophile quality power amplifier. The power supply included in this kit is capable or running two amplifier modules. With the included components you can build a 500W 8 Ohm stereo amplifier or 4 channel X 250W 4 Ohm or 4 X 125W 8 Ohm.

Cheers,
Tal

7 x channel Denon amplifier (= receiver) in Los Angeles

Hello,

Bought a nice heavy Denon receiver for its 7 channel amplifier to experiment with making passive speakers active via MiniDSP. Then found a really nice Adcom 7 channel amplifier, rendering this Denon receiver superfluous - like so many other things in my life.

Pertinent details:
Denon AVR-1908
$55
no remote (has an EXT. IN button on front so you don't need the remote)
7 x 90W RMS @ 8 ohms @ 0.08% THD
25 lbs. !!!

http://assets.denon.com/documentmaster/us/avr-1908-om-e_109.pdf

Local pickup in Los Angeles only as this is heavy and cheap - a bad combination for shipping.

Cheers,
Tal

Changing my subwoofer setup (for the umpteenth time) to something bulkier and less subtle, though very slightly higher performance (hello diminishing returns!)... so these two are up for sale.

Very well engineered (Ken Kantor for the engineering for NHT), with a sealed-box design for very tight bass reproduction. Requires EQ, and is flat to 26 Hz. with EQ. Many modern home theater receivers have built in EQ (Audyssey, etc.) so that should take care of it.

The NHT are fairly efficient, and so don't require a lot of power (250 watts RMS is recommended for each subwoofer). I have a Tannoy IWSA500 that would probably be perfect for the pair - looking for $195 firm for that, but can work out a package deal.

Here are the specs for the W1:
System Type: Acoustic suspension dual woofer subwoofer
Drivers: 2 - 12" aluminum cone drivers (high excursion)
Peak Acoustic Output: @1M - 112dB SPL using A1 and X1
Frequency Response: 26Hz - 140Hz +/- 3dB using A1 and X1
Input Connectors: 5-way binding posts
Dimensions: 22" H x 12.5" W x 16.65" D
Weight: 71 lbs
Finish: Anthracite matte lacquer

Sub looks smaller than it is - the rounded corners and dark grey color really help. Definitely looks nicer than what I'm replacing them with.

$165 each, $275 for the pair. Yes, the pair is a better deal.

Adding for pickup in Los Angeles only - both are really heavy.

$425
Cinepro Powerpro 10 (rebadged Furman IT-1210) balanced power unit 10A
Replaced with giant heavy 1.8kVa Topaz isolation transformer.
http://www.furmansound.com/pdf/datasheets/IT-1210_IT-1220_IT-1230_datasheet.pdf
http://www.furmansound.com/pdf/manuals/IT-1210_manual.pdf

$475
Adcom GFA-7607 7 channel amplifier
7 x 125 watts @ 8 ohms
7 x 175 watts @ 4 ohms
48 lbs.!
12V trigger on for use with receivers, etc. - very convenient

Cheers,
Tal

Topaz isolation transformer added

Adding:

1.8kVa Topaz isolation transformer
91018-32
0.0005pF Isolation
7-3/4" x 11" x 6-3/4"H
Heavy!
$155

Replaced the 10A balanced power unit with a 20A so both the Topaz isolation transformer and the 10A unit are for sale!

Cheers,
Tal

You got any pictures of the Coffee table subwoofer w/ 15" Dayton Titanic Mk. 3?

I do, but that was sold! ;-) Everything below the sold line in the first post on this thread is sold.

I have a 10" Mirage sub with a really nice cast-frame Boston Acoustics driver (10.4 LF) in it for $145 (very firm, Boston driver wasn't cheap). And I have a ridiculous TC Sounds OEM'ed 10" driver, details in first post. And one of the better 15" sub drivers made (Exodus Tempest-X) but it requires a large box.

Best,
Tal

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.