• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: In Los Angeles: four 12" budget subwoofers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have FOUR Elemental Designs EHQS 12 subwoofers I purchased for a project which didn't end up happening.

This is a well-made subwoofer that doesn't compete with $100 or $200 each subwoofers, but sounds totally decent, and with four of them, it DOES compete with pretty good individual subwoofers.

There are a LOT of posts about this subwoofer on the internet, as it was offered for the ridiculously good price of $40 each when it came out. I'm selling it for half of that. $80 for all four. These are the 4 ohm version.

Here are some threads about the subwoofer, including box designs, the first is the official thread from the manufacturer:

ICIXSound.COM Forums - EHQS 12" OEM Subwoofer

EHQS 12 s4 Quad Build Advice - Home Theater Systems - Electronics and Forum - HomeTheaterShack

Specs of the driver are:

Qts: .375
Qes: 0.49
Qms: 1.506
Fs: 25.5 Hz
Re: 1.80
Vas: 157 L
Mms: 90 g
Bl: 7.2 T*m
SPL: 89.1 dB
Sd: 510 m^2
Xmax: 9.1 mm

Magnet Width: 5.25"
Cutout Diameter: 11.00"
Mounting Depth: 5.00"
Weight: lb
Total Height: 5.60"
Displacement: .04 ft^3
Outside Diameter: 12.00"

Box Size : 1.5cF Sealed / 2.0cF Vented
Power Handling : 200w

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.