• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Four Dayton Reference 10" Subs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nisbeth said:
Didn't Tymphany just revamp the lineup after they took over DST? That just means you can't get the "old" HDS-series anymore because they've discontinued it, not that they are getting out of DIY entirely. If you look at Tymphany.com there are still plenty of DIY-drivers listed :)

/U.

well I'm just talking about "HDS like" drivers.... I will take a look though

no peerless is not getting out of DIY

ShinOBIWAN said:
Are you talking about the HDS nomex range or the HDS exclusive?

Take a look here to see what I mean:

https://secure.wilmslow-audio.co.uk/acatalog/Wilmslow_Audio_Peerless_Drive_Units_13.html

If so your probably right about the HDS nomex ones, the exclusive range has just undergone a couple of new additions though and these are very much decent drivers for the money.

yes I know you can get those babies...

the HDS nomex is a good driver actually... really up there... and especially high class for the $$$

the Exclusives are in stock and to my knowledge not under any heavy demand

I still rather have a Dayton RS 8" thought 8\ 8\

heck I'd take a Dayton RS over the Seas W series ... :cannotbe:

Audiophilenoob said:

I still rather have a Dayton RS 8" thought 8\ 8\

heck I'd take a Dayton RS over the Seas W series ... :cannotbe:

I did (actually got a pile of RS150s when PartsExpress had their shipping cost amnesty earlier this year: there was no way in hell I was paying over 2 grand for 16 W15CY001), but there are a few things to watch out for. The TS parameters are different, which doesn't matter much to me since I plan to use them as midwoofers cut off at 100 Hz. More important, the Seas magnesium driver has its first resonant peak is a bit below 9 kHz, whereas the Dayton's is at 6 kHz, so to avoid the third harmonic distortion peak associated with that mode you want to cross over the Dayton about half an octave lower than you would the Seas. Just a headsup for y'all.

Cheers,
Francois.

This rumor about Peerless pulling out of the DIY market is complete bunk. PE will have the 10" XLS drivers back in stock in two weeks. When I spoke to Brian at Madisound just the other day he told me the same thing. Peerless moved their manufacturing plant and that's why some of the drivers are out of stock.

mac said:
This rumor about Peerless pulling out of the DIY market is complete bunk. PE will have the 10" XLS drivers back in stock in two weeks. When I spoke to Brian at Madisound just the other day he told me the same thing. Peerless moved their manufacturing plant and that's why some of the drivers are out of stock.

nobody said peerless was pulling :xeye:

thought it is good news they aren't dropping the XLS series

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.