• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS Firstwat F3 clone (230V, EU)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Due to setup simplification, I'm selling my beloved F3. It was professionally built with premium parts (Plitron transformer, Nichicon caps, vampire binding posts and rca, Furutech IEC) and has always behaved flawlessly.

Due to fixed transformer primary voltage and shipping costs I'm selling it to EU only. Shipping cost is 20€ to Italy and around 30€ for the rest of Europe - I can provide an exact quote with your zip code.

No need to provide further details on the circuit here :)
More photos available on request.

I'm asking 600€ plus shipping and Paypal fees.

Attachments

• case_26.jpg
    case_26.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 476
Last edited:
then do it

and you can sell it for zillion dollars if you want , I don't care

If a buyer want it connected, I'll do it, no problem. The pictures are there to show all interiors.

In my setup, in two different houses, it has worked flawlessly for over 5 years. At least ONE connected equipment of the chain must have earth connection, like the preamp in my old setup. Hope this help clarify the thing.
If you want to open a debate about safety earth in audio equipment with a transformer and LPS, please do in the appropriate section.

Joined 2007
Paid Member
If a buyer want it connected, I'll do it, no problem. The pictures are there to show all interiors.

In my setup, in two different houses, it has worked flawlessly for over 5 years. At least ONE connected equipment of the chain must have earth connection, like the preamp in my old setup. Hope this help clarify the thing.
If you want to open a debate about safety earth in audio equipment with a transformer and LPS, please do in the appropriate section.

I think you are confusing safety and signal earths. Safety earths are required unless the equipment is double insulated. Should a fault develop and live comes into contact with the chassis there is the risk of electrocution. If someone was to plug in an interconnect between an earthed preamp and your power amp with said fault condition they could be electrocuted. If I were you, I would pull the advert, earth the amp and relist it.
I am not trying to interfere with your sale but this easily remedied issue could land you in serious trouble if the worst were to happen. Make sure the earth has a good secure connection - plenty of advice online for this.

This covers it - Earthing (Grounding) Your Hi-Fi - Tricks and Techniques

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.