• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Aleph amplifier main boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
I revised the layout of the Aleph PCB boards that I had made a few months ago. I fattened the traces and changed the footprint of Q4 and Q5.

Here are some pictures of the new layout, next to the old one. The new layout is just a prototype, made on milling machines at school, and once Dale gets the boards made, they will not have the extra copper left on the milled boards.

Here are the pictures:

--
Brian

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 324
Orders

Hi,

Thanks to BrianGT's hard work, I will be contacting a PCB house today and get a formal quote on the Aleph boards. I plan on getting a run of 50 boards. I will also be getting the output boards. I am planning on doing the 6 fet version.

I am going to get the boards made with:

.093" thickness (standard is .062")
minimum 2Oz copper (may get 2.5 Oz)
Silkscreen, soldermask

Please email me offline at:

dherman@ksaria.com

If all goes well, the price of the Aleph driver boards only will be ~$50.00 /pair shipped in the US/CA.

I will get pricing on the output boards as well.

Best Regards,

Dale

Rectifier Boards

Dale,
Since the output boards are going to be made, why not do the rectifier board too (suggestion - per Wayne Sanskey's layout)? I'm surprised that not more people are using those soft recovery diodes - which requires a board (unless it's P2P). I'm not necessary saying that these soft recovery diodes are better.

Brian,
I was wondering if you have provided provision for adding those screw-on connectors (forgot what it is really called now) to the board? You had mentioned that you might provide the proper center to center spacing between the holes so that connectors can be utilized for those people that wants to do so - connectors for V+, V-, LED, Grounding and the G, D, S and sense. If yes, can I have the part numbers of those connectors - probably a few different part numbers - or the center to center spacing so that I can look it up in the DigiKey catalog? Thanks.

Hi, Brian,

I hope you don't mind if I use your previous version Aleph 2 PCB as the prototype for my virtual Aleph 2 project.

I thought it was about time all the Sims had a chance to listen to their virtual music through a virtual Aleph.

Actually, I going to use it as demonstration for my students to keep their interests.

Here is the top view.

Thanks much,

Chris Cassell

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.