Frugel-Horn Mk3 Picture Gallery

Hello,

now I´m registerd,:p

I´m looking and searching here and other forums for a frugel (i dont say it´s a horn) speaker.with the Fostex fe 168ez. I know that this Chassi is to big for the normal frugel.

Maybe someone build it with a Chasssis with the bigger size, and can help me how to due. The normal fostex -Horn is made to stand in the corner. There it makes good sound, but just with the back to the wall it dosnt work good.

sorry about my bad english.:cool:

It would be great, if someone can help me.
Thanks

See my answer on the other forum. ;) Posted below for completeness:

Probably not. You see, I designed it (well, a fair proportion) so I'm reasonably well versed on developments on that front. ;) We have done a somewhat larger design of this type (FHXL), but it was intended for 5in units, with the Mark Audio Alpair 10P being the default. The 168ESigma should physically fit & may (may) work -I'll need to check. It's not going to be released freely, like FH3 was, but a few are being beta tested at the moment; contact Dave via the Frugal-Horn site.

Thanks Dave for all the advice. Here is proof you can build these in a condo :) I'm blown away by the sound. Even my wife (who cant tell the difference between standard def and HD tv) said that the sound was a huge upgrade over my previous (well respected brand) speakers. I'm a full range convert.

attachment.php

Attachments

• dBohn-FH3.jpg
    dBohn-FH3.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 3,056
Last edited:
Yup flatpacks, they continue to bring an instant smile to my face as soon as the music starts flowing. Such a well rounded sound. Im listening to some R.E.M as I write this and the ability to hear all the different instruments is fantastic. So many subtleties revealed.

Hi everybody. This is my first post. I am thinking of getting a flatpack pair of FH3s from Custom Cans in the UK. So far as I can find these are the only flatpack kits available in the UK. If anyone knows different, please let me know.

My only concerns (at this stage) concern damping materials, quantities and adjustment. Custom Cans supply the necessary felt with their kits, so assuming this is OK it just remains for me to source the looser stuffing and then get it right. It seems that different materials are available in different countries so I'm particularly interested to know what materials other UK builders have used. I'm also a bit confused about how much to stuff in the V. I've looked at the diagram, but to be honest I don't really understand it. Any clarification would be much appreciated. I'll have more questions later. Thanks in advance.

Ifor

I just recently scored a pair of Frugelhorns... Not sure which Mk they are but they should be Mk3.

Will be arriving sometime within the next 2 weeks, fully assembled. (Thats no fun!)

But the fun is in playing them :)

It will be a HUGE step up from my Sony SS-212's which I adore (8" Woofers with Whizzer Cone + paper cone tweeter)
Parlante Sony Ss 212 - $ 750,00 en MercadoLibre

Wow! Someone is willing to pay $750 for them!???

Attachments

• parlante-sony-ss-212-14144-MLA20083781304_042014-F.jpg
    parlante-sony-ss-212-14144-MLA20083781304_042014-F.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 1,351
  • parlante-sony-ss-212-14136-MLA20083781728_042014-F.jpg
    parlante-sony-ss-212-14136-MLA20083781728_042014-F.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 1,273
  • $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 1,247
Last edited: