Fresh F5 Build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My PS is a bit smaller than yours and is shared between the channels. I think i'm going to take some time and do some research before simply increasing the size of my caps and make sure I don't want make some bigger upgrade, like dual supplies for example.

One thing you mention that sounds interesting is the relay bypass on the CL-60's. Mine are in series all the time and generate lots of heat. Seems like a waste to me. Can you tell me the reason you think it was good to bypass them? They seem to be made to operate this way so just wondering if there is some angle I am missing, besides heat.

Zenmod came before me:D
but my main reason was that i like the other functions of the softstart. like standby, thermo shotdown, and standby/on LED.

no use of making escape way for air , if not making inlet way

Have you ever seen a duck go downstream, then upstream? (The current is slower along the sides of the river.)

Cooler air will be sucked in through the top central vents of the chassis displacing the less dense hot air. Not as efficient as venting the top and bottom, but mother nature won't be fooled.

in (hopefully) rare occasion of mains brown-out or black-out , NTC will not have time to became cold ........ while caps will have time to bleed substantially

than , you'll probably have dead mains fuse

nothing to write home about - it's good enough for Papa

I see. so your NTC will be cold in this case. Your bypass relay will put the NTC back in the circuit and it will function again when power is restored. This would also apply if unit is turned off and then on again when in my case NTC will still be hot and not limit current. cute

thanks for explaination

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.