Fpwm question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2015
The PWM frequency is fixed in most D amps at 450khz . I read on datasheet the reason is AM interference problem , as 450khz is between LW and AM broadcasting bands . The popular TPA3116 can fly as high as 1.2Mhz , has any one tried out what better sound one can get ?

The AM interference thing is that the high-frequency noise that the amp's switching puts out, can affect nearby radio receivers (ie. your radio will possibly pick up the "hash" from your amp louder than the radio stations in that range), not the other way around ;)

Going much higher in frequency with these amps, from what i've read, only puts out more heat, and that's about it.

Disabled Account
Joined 2015
That's right , The amp is the one that will parasite the radio ,this why 450khz is the best as it lies outside the broadcasting bands . In late 70's I tried the class D circuit running at 100khz from Hitachi mosfet data book . It was ok as portable guitar amp on battery , but for music ,it was horrible. The reason I understood by then was the PWM frequency is too low . I never got interested with this type of amp until today , as I read 1.2Mhz on TPA 3116d2 datasheet.
On Ali I found for 2.75$ shipment included mono 100w configuration board . I will try it by myself .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.