• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Found a CHEAP source of output transformers in Europe

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Unfortunately, I have not so much experience with tube amplifiers, so for me it is difficult to compare them. For me they sounds fine. Of course there are many other good transformer manufacturers in Europe (Lundah for example)but the price is too high for me.

Sorry if it is a bit OT but can you suggest good European sources for 5U4 tubes and for a power transformer for a EH84 amp? I'm already a TME customer, but I didn't find a transformer with dual 300Vac output with 120mA minimum. Any other suggestions for a EH84 power supply?

Thanks!

Fernando

Hi mace1337, thanks for your help! I've contacted eoo-bv.nl, they ship internationally, but the shipping cost is almost the same of the transformer, 49.50 for the transformer and 35.00 for the shipping :-(
In the meantime I noticed that for the EH84 Version 2, the rectifier tube changed from the 5U4 to the 5R4, any suggestion about where to get it? I didn't find it in the https://www.tube-town.net/ttstore/, Lo Spaccio di Nova: l'elettronica fai da te nel cuore di Milano, Musikerkram.de, ...

Best regards

Fernando

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.