Fostex FE206En phase plug: yes/no?

Hi guys!
After few years with Dallas II horns with Fostex FE206EN and super tweeters,i'm looking for more mid range purity. What is your experience with phase plug on this setup,is it worth or not? I still have litlle scare to cut membrane,but if result is worthy,then i will find courage :).
I see also that there are diferent shape and size of plugs avilable. From 35-80 mm long and diferent shapes,from bullet like shape to konus shape. What are diferences and what is the best for mid range purity?
So,any one with experience,please share.
Setup:
DALLAS II with Fostex FE206EN and MONACOR supertweeter
Monoblocks SE with Eimac 100TH
Streamer Rpi based,allo kalli reclocker and i-sabre DAC 9038,powerd trough extra stable linear power plant
Woofer ACE BASS B2-50
Cables:
interconect- quad star 8x0.4mm silverplated coper
speaker- quad star 8x1mm silverplated coper
power-shielded 7x1.5mm squere coper

Everything except woofer is hand made. Woofer with 18" spesker is also in production,so after is finished,hole sistem will be hand made.

20240401_204839.jpg
20240416_211247.jpg

The biggest upgrade you can make is to remove the whizzer. The driver will still have a rising response and your super tweeter cab be used to fill in the top of the frequency range. Done this mod twice now. Once on fostex 206e and on Goodmans twin axiom 8. The sound was clearer and smoother. A substantial improvement compared to phase plugs.

If you have concern about major surgery, try the 98 cent tweak - it's non-permanent.

Get some acoustic damping fluff, and tuck it in behind the whizzer. If you don't like it, take it back out.

The DIYAudio posts I found wouldn't load (too old? or just a temporary hiccup?), but here's a pic from a different forum...
https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/188819/fur-collar-for-my-whizzers

Reactions: 1 users
20240422_140528.jpg

I put pure coton this morning,listening for few hours,i hear big difrence in high spectrum,no itching sound any more,sometimes i miss sharpnes,but all together,for now,much better and more flat response. At least to my ears,i didnt messure,maybe i find time later to mesure response.
Good 98 cent hack!

Reactions: 1 user
When I tried the 98 cent method I neatly tucked it behind the whizzer. The result was not much improvement to my ears. Looking at your cotton being proud of the whizzer on your speaker I've realised that the way you have done it is probably suppressing the half wave resonance due to the diameter of the whizzer, therefore much better. This seems to relate to the 2600 ish hz peak in the frequency response. Can someone please verify if I'm on the right track.