Fostex FE126En Build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Wow Chris,
thanks very much I will give the running in a good crank up as you suggest.

The speakers have just been put on a bookshelf to be run in out of the way, they will not be used on a book shelf but on Partington Dreadnought Stands.

You're welcome.

You might need more BSC if they're gonna be away from walls.

Drop all the sliders above ~500Hz by an extra decibel or two, see how you find it.

Chris

Re is the actual value (7.2), not the nominal impedance (which means nothing). The amount of attenuation you enter is the number of dB you need to lose from the output. In this case, I'd aim for the full 6dB since you're not just needing to compensate for step loss but the inherently rising response of the 126 drive unit. The tradeoff for obtaining a balanced response is that total sensitivity drops.

More realistic values are 1.8mH paralleled with 7ohms in the hot lead.

Hi Scot,

I have tried to send you an email at Woden Designs but it keep bounces back.
I have questions about the Woden Valiant to build later in the year.
Can you advise where to email?

Thanks

Lee

Hi Scot,

Thanks

Lee

Lee - as mentioned above, I've built the Valiant (perhaps the first pair?), as well as BK12m, and many pairs of FH3, and might be able to answer some simple questions by PM.

Note that Scott's time is rationed more tightly than some of us, and there have been some server issues with the woden site email - but he does monitor the forum, and may be able to contact you.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Hi Scot,

Thanks

Lee

Use his frugal-horn.com email for the short term. Woden design was moved on the weekend and i still don't have the new email sorted.

dave

Lee - as mentioned above, I've built the Valiant (perhaps the first pair?), as well as BK12m, and many pairs of FH3, and might be able to answer some simple questions by PM.

Note that Scott's time is rationed more tightly than some of us, and there have been some server issues with the woden site email - but he does monitor the forum, and may be able to contact you.

Hi Chris, sent you a PM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.