Fostex F120A vs FX120 or Alternatives

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: Re: Fostex F120A vs FX120 or Alternatives

Dave Jones said:

Before you throw away the Fostex speakers, try painting them with some varnish.

Have you tried this? I would certainly be interested in this, I listen to a pair of 108s and am quite happy with them, but of course I'm always looking for good tweaks:D I've heard good things about this, but have been unwilling to try it on mine since I can't afford another pair if I wreck them.
Joe

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: Re: Re: Fostex F120A vs FX120 or Alternatives

Josephjcole said:
I listen to a pair of 108s and am quite happy with them, but of course I'm always looking for good tweaks

I think my friend with 108s in his The Horns is going to add my phase plugs to his... i will be very interested if he does... in comparison to tweaked FE103As they reveal that they have a little bit of the upper male voice nasalness that the whole family seems to suffer from a bit -- that mostly goes away with phase plugs (an experimental black set installed at the moment).

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

dave

Re: Re: Re: Re: Fostex F120A vs FX120 or Alternatives

planet10 said:

I think my friend with 108s in his The Horns is going to add my phase plugs to his... i will be very interested if he does... in comparison to tweaked FE103As they reveal that they have a little bit of the upper male voice nasalness that the whole family seems to suffer from a bit -- that mostly goes away with phase plugs (an experimental black set installed at the moment).

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

dave

I would be interested in hearing your impressions if this happens... I don't suppose he has tried any puzzle coat or dammar on his drivers? I really want to tweak, but am worried about making my drivers worse, since I can't afford another pair.
Joe

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.