fosgate t40001bd bad p/s

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
after 30 min on a 4 ohm dummy load playing music it is still producing a clean output. around the corner heatsinks it is running about 110'F and on the straight a ways or along the sides of the amp it's about 100'F. neither of the 2 cooling fans ever turned on (not that i know when they're supposed to). it's about 75'F in the house. my power supply was only dropping to about 12.9v.

I rarely work on large amps now. They're simply too much trouble and too time consuming. Just repositioning them is a pain.

When I have to drive them to full power (or at least to high power, some amps are too large to drive to full power), I strap multiple supplies together and sometimes use a battery as well. It's generally not necessary to drive them to full power. If a class D amp works properly driven to clipping into a light load, it's likely OK. Generally, the only problem that causes them to fail when driven into lower loads is when there is insufficient thermal coupling between the transistors and the heatsink.

Can someone send me schematics for a Rockford T40001BD amp to matt76.brooks at gmail dot com

I have replaced the output FETS b/c 10 out of 20 were blown. The powersupply drivers checked out ok. But, i am only getting -110V for -HV output and ~9v for the +HV side. any thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Can someone send me schematics for a Rockford T40001BD amp to matt76.brooks at gmail dot com[/email]

I have replaced the output FETS b/c 10 out of 20 were blown. The powersupply drivers checked out ok. But, i am only getting -110V for -HV output and ~9v for the +HV side. any thoughts.

You might be better starting a new thread and detailing the tests and checks so far performed.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.