Forum for issues related to the design of Class D amplifiers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2005
I have no idea, but this room really boring day by day.

It is not like at SS, most of post at SS are really pure DIY. Why don't just come to store and ask what best capacitor they have and check how much their pocket money?

I am worrying about loosing important sources. You know that people with knowledge will very happy to tell other people then the other people really feel that information received very useful. But sadly, we know that it is very hard to see the very important information useless. Seems like throw toilet paper to the closed and flush.

'That's all I think why we never see good thread again.

For me, that is still very good room even only few thread but interesting. I think the people will very pleasure to share their knowledge.

So... see you prof.....

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Well Fredos, all,
As I've said before, the members bring the content and start threads. We mods don't have any control over this. We sure as heck can't make you post. All we can do is clean technical threads for you all.

The way I see it, most of you are not willing to share your secrets at all. If you won't discuss things, who will? The same people may be the ones crying about the lack of content. So the end result is that no one is talking about design issues. Many are talking about kits and how great their amp sounds. It's all just hot air.

I don't frequent this area, but I remember that Eva was more than helpful when this was being discussed in the solid state forum. Others too. Maybe the answer is to delete this forum and roll it back into solid state.

At any rate, if you aren't going to talk about technical design issues (it's a secret!) then i don't see what use this forum is, except maybe to ask how to use the commercial modules.

It's up to "you", our members. What do you want? Just my private opinion as a fellow member. I am tired of hearing the whining.

-Chris

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I have created a thread for you guys to discuss design issues:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=91219

I made it a sticky thread so it won't get lost. If it gets long, we will split it into different topics like the Cordell thread! Go Wild!!

I suggest subscribing to only the threads that you are interested in and then an e-mail will alert you when there is a new post on one of them.

Variac
:captain:

Wiki's?

Perhaps the promotion of Wiki's within the forum may help.

If easily documented matter was consolidated into a active Wiki (such as pre-built module modification), this could assist 'newbies' and cut down on a large number of repetitive threads in the forum(s).

Of course a lot of information from technical discussion could also be drafted. I see the difficult part being the promotion of contributing to a Wiki.

One sticky thread .... is that the solution? .... and if this new thread is not used extensivly in the next days it is a proof that there is no need at all!
Why not a sticky thread for moding issues instead :xeye:

As I see it the problem is that the "technical" threads just get lost in the amount of modification and kit threads. The number of answers to the moding threads is so much larger than for a more design related thread.

I think the technical thresds could live a lot longer if they didn't just disapears due to the number of incoming threads and answers on moding. If you are looking for design issues, you want to see threads for this, and don't have to search a lot for it.

I think it takes a lot of time to reflect on the technical issues.
Take an interesting thread like "Small-signal modeling of self-oscillating amplifiers" by Sovadk .... it's already gone to to page 2 of threads. Someone new to the pages will maybe not see it now at all. Give it one more week, it will be on page 5! And yes it's be cause none has answered since Thuesday ...... it's not because its' a boring thread, but it just takes time to give a qualified answer!

As to a Wiky I would think it will be very har to make one for designing d-amps, as we're still debaiting wery much how it should be done (which is the beauty of it :)). For a solid state amp, just to take an example, I would guess it is much easier to pi down how to construct a current mirror, or an output stage ..... there are noumerous books written about it and it has been around for decades. It doesen't make it anything less fun for those doing SS amps. (And they probably get a better sounding result than I :cool: )
I guess this goes somewhat as well for those doing mods for d-amp kits, Tripaths or UcD.

I still think the best solution would be to split the forum, as it would benefit both the mods and the techs.

And to make it perfectly clear, this is not meant as an offence to any party. I don't feel more or less than anyone else, I just want the forum to work as best for anyone as possible.

It's a little like people being into cats .... they don't care to read much about dogs ...... and the other way around.;)

Baldin said:
As I see it the problem is that the "technical" threads just get lost in the amount of modification and kit threads. The number of answers to the moding threads is so much larger than for a more design related thread.

... Give it one more week, it will be on page 5!...
That's exactly the point.
The technical threads disappear and die out. It might be that a split will result in a quit technical forum, but I do think that the technical threads will become more active than they are know.

Anyone working with switching amplifiers on a technical level, would probably never find this forum unless Google points them to a technical thread buried within modification threads.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
sovadk said:
They've promished that they will not allow to forum to be floaded with modification threads like here at diyaudio.

Every forum starts out that way. Things are fresh, virgin... then it becomes popular and gathers more followers. The information you seek becomes harder to find and you get frustrated. Then you move somewhere else and the cycle repeats. Then you die. So is life.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.