For people who like seeing pictures of other peoples "projects"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This Freeware is very nice!

Circlotron said:
SkinnyBoy, what software do you use to make the multiple image pics?
web-images -> html-file V1.5:
creates a html-file which contains all web-images of a directory (and subdirectories): you can use tables for small images. support for jpg, jpeg, gif and png-files, previewimages.
Download English
(223 kb zip-file)
This is nice Freeware.
I have used it to create a HTML with CLICK-tumbnails
for placing imges onto the web.

You can select img size, how many pics per row, column-width and almost anything.
Put the pictures in a Folder and select your preferences.
And the HTML is created along with the thumbnails.

Web-Images -> HTML-file - v1.5 Download

/halojoy - poor man only uses Freeware - and get the best!

New Website - why not

SkinnyBoy said:
I no longer update that site, I only added it to my details in the last few days.. I don't update it, co I forgot how to log onto it to upload files.. :p and I cant ask cos I am still banned from the www.MP3car.com forum.. :p lol
Get yourself another homepage.
I have already recommended two Freesites, in Everything Else,
in this thread:

Your Own Homepage in 30 minutes!!!!!!!!!
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9031

I use both www.geocities.com and www.fortunecity.com
I have something like 4-5 Free Websites.

/halo - the webmaster himself

work that we do.........

Hi Skinny,

SkinnyBoy said:
Okay, an update on the "THUMP CHAIR!!!"

Its now the "DUMP CHAIR!!!"

Lol, the next project it to TRY and make teh WHOLE chair fit in the bin... I am armed with a jigsaw, a hammer, scissors, "stanley" knife, and a screw driver.. :)

I did the same job on a old Hammond organ clone. It was quite a mess and no, everything didn't fit in the bin at all. ;) :D :D

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: work that we do.........

bob4 said:
I did the same job on a old Hammond organ clone. It was quite a mess and no, everything didn't fit in the bin at all.

I'm pulling this kind of stuff apart for the insides all the time. I just throw it all into a big pile and we have a couple big bonfires every uear. The summer pile went up just before Christmas. It only took 28 hours to get everything loaded on the pile, but the coals were still glowing after 72 hours... and one of these fires always wants a couch or recliner in the middle to start the proceedings.

dave

Re: Re: work that we do.........

Hi Dave,

planet10 said:
I'm pulling this kind of stuff apart for the insides all the time.
Yeah, they have nice goodies in 'em. I only saved up the speakers and the built- in Leslie cab :D a friend of mine went through the PCB- pile before I discarded it. He had fun.......

planet10 said:
I just throw it all into a big pile and we have a couple big bonfires every uear.

Do Hammond organs grow on trees down there in Aussieland?? :D ;) :rolleyes:

planet10 said:
The summer pile went up just before Christmas. It only took 28 hours to get everything loaded on the pile, but the coals were still glowing after 72 hours... and one of these fires always wants a couch or recliner in the middle to start the proceedings.

I like big fires a lot too, but what do your local greenpeace/ environment activists say to that? :cool:

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: Re: Re: work that we do.........

bob4 said:
Do Hammond organs grow on trees down there in Aussieland??

I don't know about Aussieland, but here on the Left Coast of Canada, i probably pull apart half-a-dozen organs, 3 or 4 times as many old consoles, and maybe a 100 pr of speakers each year. Makes a big burning pile.

I like big fires a lot too, but what do your local greenpeace/ environment activists say to that?

it is not much of an issue. I live out in the country on the side of a mountain, i just have to follow the burning rules, and i make sure the fire is burning really hot so that not much junk gets away. (BTW we burn wood for heat -- all salvaged from the "yard")

dave

Re: Re: Re: Re: work that we do.........

planet10 said:

I don't know about Aussieland, but here on the Left Coast of Canada, i probably pull apart half-a-dozen organs, 3 or 4 times as many old consoles, and maybe a 100 pr of speakers each year. Makes a big burning pile.

whoops, I probably mixed something up :)
and boy oh boy, you must have a ton of spare parts lying around! :bigeyes:

planet10 said:

it is not much of an issue. I live out in the country on the side of a mountain, i just have to follow the burning rules, and i make sure the fire is burning really hot so that not much junk gets away. (BTW we burn wood for heat -- all salvaged from the "yard")

dave

I see.......

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: work that we do.........

bob4 said:
you must have a ton of spare parts lying around!

Anything i can't immediately turn a profit for on eBay gets put onto the shelves until i can add value to it and pass it along.

I also donate some of the speakers i'm never going to do anything with to schools for "speaker building 101" -- starting up the next generation of DIYers.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.