for experts with caps in speaker filters

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
TIN FOIL IN CAPS

I'm sure differences can be heard between different caps, maybe it's less important with higher alternative current like in speaker filter in relation to a DAC for example.

Damping is important for microphonics but differences exist. If I try tin foil, the result is always bad ! And I can heard on my speaker the difference when i Change just one bypass of 0,1 MIT RTX (polystyren) (in // with high value of mylar caps) with M72 PFTE military russian caps (here MIT is better in my case).

I'm sure Osvaldo is not totaly wrong, but electrical model is not enough and is a dream of youngs engeneers without experience... and sucess in deisigning good systems.
All caps in the result of R, ESL, ESR and cap effect but all the hifi system is an addition of phases, band pass, filter, distorsions, grounding... so what ? You must set up, experience is an important part of the process and exchange with symphatic fellows very important for this hobby where the lake of time and money and experience to do all is the factor to give up.

After all we talk about cooking, icing on the cake, just add salt and pepper, sugar... but it's important because pepper on chantilly is :eek: !

thanks for the inputs and link

Eldam

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.