Foobar2000 and other things digital

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Why are you trying to patch XP. It's time to move on. All of the problems with the XP mixer go away in Windows 7. As long as you set exclusive mode, you can get bit perfect output using Direct Sound. You don't have to screw with ASIO or WASAPI. But then, who cares about bit perfect. You are going to do all of your EQ within the player.

What is the concern about buffered output? Is your computer really that slow? Probably not. There is a lot of time and effort spend eliminating as many processes as possible on the presumption that it has to make a difference. There are a lot of people that are pretty sure that it is irrelevant, including me. I am pretty sure that if you have a reasonably modern computer running Windows 7, buffer size makes no difference in playback quality. I routinely run Thunderbird and Chrome while I'm editing files and there are no glitches in the playback.

Bob

Bob, I bought the Parts Express DAC and a ART USB Phono Plus V2 Phono Preamp with USB. I have a question about ripping CD's. CD's are 16/44.1 and the DAC will support up to 24/192. But if I play a file ripped from a CD is it going to play at 16/44.1 or does it convert it up to 24/192. I think it will play at 16/44.1 but am a little confused about this.

Also where does a person get the 24/96 or 24/192 music from?

Does anybody know what bit rate the ART USB Phono Plus V2 is or do you set it in software somewhere when you rip a record or tape?

Kenny

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.