Fonken 167 enclosures build- notes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
50% is not much to ask in a cosmetic augmentation and I too like the look of a single forward driver. I thought it would not be much trouble to extend the bottom cabinet, making it deeper than the Fonken167 top. This would keep the front and sides svelte and at worst I could have a giggle when enjoying the utterly base extension of the cabinet, thump thump, playing "baby got back."

Now that I am saving money going from the SDX10 to the SDX7 I will just place an order with Parts Connection instead of scrounging around, dumpster diving, and Ebay snipping. May I ask the values and arrangement for the space age resistors and capacitors, that with some point to point soldering, will sit ahead of this amplifier->SDX7?

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Now that I am saving money going from the SDX10 to the SDX7

For SDX7 you want the volume as drawn (and is the woofer shown), but add braces not shown to eat up a bit of volume. And you can get away with just lining the walls. This will give critical Q and refiring taking advantage of room gain give surprising bass for a 7" driver. It also has smooth response up to over 1kHz so a simple CR PLLXO is likely sufficient. I'd cross over in the 60-100 Hz range. What are you going to use for the top end?

IMO the SDX7 needs at least a minimum of modification to be really useable.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full-range/131017-alpair-5-project-completed.html#post1628291

Contact me if you want some pre-done.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.