Focal tower speaker Project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Part of why I stuck the BSC there is cuz I can't get speaker workshop to model the BSC correctly where its supposed to go. I know its supposed to pad down everything, tweeter and all, but, as an example, if I stick it where it goes, the inductor seems to have no effect, as if its not even connected, and the resistor excessivly pads down everything, on the order of 6-12 decibles, across the board. Works fine in the other crossover designer, just not this one, for some reason. not sure, maybe its just this crossover.

this does not model is an LR4 on my computer, are you sure? I put in the LR4 slope as a goal, tried your values, and did not end up with a propper 4th order roll off. I ended up with 2nd order roll off.

I dont agree that its too complicated, most of the components are in parallel, not series. those that are in series will be expensive to keep pure sound, and I can of course attempt to develop a simpler system with good rolloff. None the less, I think the tweeter works better and sounds better with the LCR trap. I also prefer the shaping I recieve from a propper L-pad, rather than just a series resistor. Without it, I think the tweeter tips up too much.

I checked it on basta! software but I can not make a screen capture. The low pass filter seems good with the volumes for the box (Vb/vented) in the specsheet for the Focal 6W4254. The xover region on this graph (software with xover comps.) is more close to the 1500/1800 max. region. Roll-off is very high here and I didn't check anything else (tweeter) besides this.

Also (always) invert the polarity of the tweeter for a 2. order xover, if not active.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.