Focal\JMLab Beryllium tweeter - where to get?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
BE Tweeters

Hi guys,

I now have the exact problem with the BE tweeters (Diva Utopia) and need a pair for replacement. The local dealer has ignored my 10 emails for parts and service quotes.

Can anyone help to point me in the direction of 1 pair of these tweeters??
Sad to see these speakers go for this issue.. Thanks in advance!!!

It will surprise me if anybody speak english at JM Lab/Focal :

Focal-JMlab
Service Après Vente
108 rue de l'Avenir - BP 374
42353 LA TALAUDIERE Cedex
sav@focal.com

Tél. : (+33) 477 435 700

Fax: 0 477 435 724
  • Du lundi au jeudi de 13h30 à 17h00
  • Vendredi de 13h30 à 16h30
Try a short mail first asking a matched pair with a photograph of your broken tweeter and the ID numbers of the Speaker. This the factory were the top line speakers are maid as the managers office adress ! Maybe they will ask you to send just the broken tweeter (will be surprised : surmise more you need to buy new parts !). This tweeter is maid here in France in this factory... so expensive !
http://www.woofersetc.com/p-4315-ki...weeter-with-pure-beryllium-inverted-dome.aspx
Notice than these adress are for final customers and not necessary distributors !

Last edited:
Hello everybody

Have the same problem, both beryllium tweeters for Focal Alto Utopia BE are broken, need new or repair.

How to solve this issue? The local dealer ignoring, Focal support (left the query 5 times on Focal website, didn't receive any response) also silent.

Perhaps you have to prove that you purchased speakers legally, then you will be given a chance to exchange your broken units for the new ones, otherwise anyone could just buy raw drivers and we know Focal stopped supplying DIY community for the same reason as Dynaudio did, envy. DIYers got that good at doing what they do.

To the each request enclosed photos of speakers, tweeters, with serial numbers.

It's not a problem, I can prove legality of purchasing columns, but no one even asks about it. I'm very upset about their attitude towards buyers of expensive hi-fi speakers.

Focal always had such problems with the service maintenance?

I have never bought anything from Focal like ready made loudspeakers so I wouldn't know what it is like to deal with them. Official dealers should be able to help you and I think they have the obligation to do that, as per the contract, I suppose. Where is your location?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.