Flat Frequency "Loudness" @ Any VOLUME Level

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Decades ago I repaired a Grundig receiver that had an unusual tone control.
TC central position was flat, rotating ccw boosted bass without affecting the highs, rotating cw boosted the highs without affecting the lows.
Struck me as a useful control.
Never did see the circuit....anybody ?.

Dan.

For completeness' sake, I've attached the schematics of my 1994 preamp (except the RIAA section), see posts 8 and 13. It's completely analogue, I'm afraid (-;

The input signal passes through a simple RC filter to get rid of RF interference and through a source selection switch and then goes into the part shown in augurkenblik_fysiologischegeluidssterkteregeling_klein.jpg. It passes through the potmeters and is then buffered by the output buffer shown in *lijnenhoofdtelefoonversterker*. The other figures show the power supply and output relay control.

Nowadays I would do some things differently. For example, the two electrolytics in anti-series could be replaced with a single bipolar device to reduce capacitor distortion. The bias currents of the *fysiologischegeluidssterkteregeling* part could quite simply be made less dependent on the supply voltages.

Attachments

• augurkenblik_fysiologischegeluidssterkteregeling_klein.jpg
    augurkenblik_fysiologischegeluidssterkteregeling_klein.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 80
  • augurkenblik_lijnenhoofdtelefoonversterker_klein.jpg
    augurkenblik_lijnenhoofdtelefoonversterker_klein.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 71
  • augurkenblik_klikbestrijder_klein.jpg
    augurkenblik_klikbestrijder_klein.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 73
  • augurkenblik_voeding_klein.jpg
    augurkenblik_voeding_klein.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.