• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Fisher 600 questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I guess what is shocking to me is that from what I am getting here, nobody has really seen this particular model.

Anyway, I'll take the schematic to work and scan it. My scanner is not behaving.

It's very large, so I'll email it to those who want it, it'll be two separate files, possibly 4 depending on how the one at work treats me. Feel free to reply here or email me with your email addresses. I will not get the chance to do this until probably Friday afternoon, or even early next week, work is hectic during the summer in the school bus business that I work in. I'll be on the road the rest of this week, at least.

I have been looking for a unit like this for YEARS!~ But i have never been able to find the exact model.

When i was a kid my dad had something very very close to this that he built his own case for. years later i ended up with it.

The odd thing was that the Fm was mono unless you had the adapter, but the unit i had, had a stereo setting where Am was on one channel and FM on the other. I have heard from several people that is how they did stereo at first before multiplexing became the thing.

This looks smiliar to the unit we had. the knobs on ours were different and i swear it had meters instead of magic eye's. I have never been able to figure out what model it was however. My family has pictures someplace with it in the background. one day i will find those photos and scan them.

My dad said he got it from a radio station where it was used as a off air monitor.

Zc

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Zero Cool,
Yes, several early "stereo" units recieved one channel on FM and the other on AM. I have some like that around here. My MPX board for my Fisher FM 100 was wrecked when my dad kicked the 19 KHz transformer off. Never to be found again. I do have a pair of Eico demodulators for use with .... my Eico tuners. There were a popular accessory.

Also, would you please PM me? No parts yet.

-Chris

Hello,

I am new to this board: My name is Ben McOsker.

Just found a fisher ta600 in the trash. Looks to be in all right condition. Needs the 7189 tubes replaced. Also got a gz43 just in case.

I want to replace the caps and the selenium bias parts in this unit. Anyone have a list of appropriate new parts numbers i can use to start the process of getting this amp back up and running.

Best,
Ben McOsker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.