• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FirstWatt F3/ F5 Clone GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Liks to pcb imaged

Note: The GB / PCB Layout been cleared by Pass.

Here is link to all of my DIY First Watt Clone PCB

DIY Clone PCB Images

There are Two types :

Costing :

Type 1 : HAL Lead Plated PCB - 1.6mm PCB , 70micron Copper PTH HAL

F1 Set Type 1 = $20 per set Plus shipping ( 1 set consist of 2 x Amp Boards, 1 x PSU)

F3 and F5 Type 1 per Set : $24 Plus shipping ( 1 set consist , 2 x Amp Boards, 1 x PSU)

Type 2 - Gold Plated PTH , 2mm PCB , 70micron copper.

F1 / F3 / F5 Each Set = $45 Plus shipping ( 1 set consist of 2 x Amp Boards, 1 x PSU)

for details mail me- sudhirmt@gmail.com

hi suds i am at long last about to build the F3 before i do the ajx!!

You sent me an email once which i have now lost regarding double sided board layout instructions. Could you please re email me that again before i start the build to ensure i do not make any mistakes

Luke

Hello Suds

Just curious, is this Group buy still active?

Are you shipping boards?

Anyway, I'm looking for a set of boards including power supply for the F5.

If available, please advise how to order and latest cost including shipping (to USA).

Thankyou very much.
Curt

Well while Im asking qustions:)

I know I want to build an F5, but I have no idea what the differences are between the various F5 group buy boards.

There must be a reason why there are different pcb variants of the same circuit are out there.

But I cant find the answer in the multi hundred page theads.

Can someone in very baisc terms summarize the differences?

Best regards

Curt

Well while Im asking qustions:)

I know I want to build an F5, but I have no idea what the differences are between the various F5 group buy boards.

There must be a reason why there are different pcb variants of the same circuit are out there.

But I cant find the answer in the multi hundred page theads.

Can someone in very baisc terms summarize the differences?

Best regards

Curt
I have both and either one is outstanding.

Peter's boards fit the same form factor for Mosfet spacing (up to 6 per board 3+3 or 2+2) as his previous boards F4, etc. so they are interchangeable on the heatsinks. Resistors are smaller spacing unless you set them upright.

CViller's board allows for wider resistor lead spacing if you prefer to place them flat (axial) on the PCB. I've put PRP's on CViller's and tiny Dales and Vishays on Peter's. It was also no problem putting PRP's vertically on Peter's F4 boards.

Tom

Hi,

My F5 Board design is based on Nelson Pass F1 / F3 Boards, I have kept all Board same dimensions. There is no change in schematic, Values, only Layout differ from original ones.

GB is Active.. have some boards left , getting new F5 Boards too..

Type 1 : 1.6mm PCB, HAL Lead Plated, 70micron copper, Silk Screen and Solder Mask

Per Stereo Set : (2 x Amp PCB, 1 x PSU PCB) = $24 Plus Shipping. ( $28 Shipping for 1 Set)

===========

Type 2 : 2mm PCB, Gold Plated, 70micron copper, Silk Screen and Solder Mask

Per Stereo Set : (2 x Amp PCB, 1 x PSU PCB) = $45 Plus Shipping.

Shipping will be $28 ( $28 Shipping for 1 Set) onwards, depending on Qnty,

Payment : Paypal

Mail me for Details : sudhirmt@gmail.com

LU1014 attaching

Picture of F3 PCB looks fine, but I,ve got a question. How Q1 LU1014 is suggested to be attached to radiator ? From the very first picture looks like it upside down relatively to the Mosfets, so have to be fixed to the radiator differently.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.