First Watt Preamp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here comes the pixs.

Pixs one show circuits 8 months ago, with 2 passive ccs & 1 active ccs.

131_3125.jpg

pixs two currently in use for 2 months now.

131_3129.jpg

131_3128.jpg

pixs three power supply in use round donuts & square iron.

131_3126.jpg

131_3127.jpg

How does it sound?
To describe it, is not easy both power supplies give u different presentations, Donuts sound fast and dynamic but lacks the warmth that comes with sq. iron, that why tubes amps still uses sq. iron. U build it and listen for yourself. Next steps taking it up to the limits.

jh6you said:
Very impressive rail ways and stations . . . :)
Sometimes it is better to do it this way. 1. It is fast and easy . I save the cost on PCBs and puts in more components. 2. When the circuits is first tested it is easy to change components that start to drift apart. U will notice that i have caps. of about 10Kuf. in total.
Lets talk about how its sound. 1. When used with Aleph 5 its sounds fast, deep and spacious, back ground details is wonderful clear like u never heard before. Oh Before i forget u need to use this combinations with baffle speakers.This is due to the lack of bass Punch that is link to class A amps. 2. Going to class AB u will be thrill by the impact & dynamic presentations. Fantstic performance and brilliant soundstages. 3. Fix it to your home-theatre well U be glued to it. This F1 pre. is something special . Look at the circuits again and compare it with Aleph P.
I have run this F1 pre. with line purifier , line receiver, Class A Mosfet, Class A JLH , Class AB bias to 300ma
Speakers: JBL, JMlabs , Mission , Goodsman, B & O.
CD player: Rotel fully modified. ( will change the trans. to give more current.)
Let me know when u have set it up. To see how it perform.
bye for now . Music time again.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.