First speaker build 2 way micro bookshelves - need crossover help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Changing the mounting of the woofer only will alter the phase alignment in the xo region. Without running the simulation through PCD again, I can't say for sure if that is going to help or make things worse.

Perhaps you could also recess the tweeter by the same amount but that might also change the frequency response just a little bit as well.

Using Unibox, 2.8L looks way too big to me. Try about 1.5L with the walls covered and a port about 2.54cm x 22cm. F3 = 60Hz

yeah I got similar results to you when I tried online calcs to get the port and box volume. the 4*1inch was recommended on the parts express website so I was confused and thought I had done something wrong.
I was thinking too that if I rabbeted the back of the front baffle I could get the lip right down in thickness. maybe just 3-4mm and use bolts and nuts on the driver.
I think I will wait for a sale at PE before I hit the buy button as I want to buy a couple of things and the postage to Aus is less horrendous when combined.
The only other option would be to design a contour filter instead of a tweeter and get the parts locally but I think that is beyond my ability:(

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.