First set of speakers built

My first set of speakers. Two transmission line, well quarter wavelength, bookshelf speakers and a TL center channel. Wish some of the cut outs were better but considering I was free handing with my router I guess I'm not so bad. They sound awesome and I'm making a set of main floor standing speakers, TL speakers again, and a small set of TL floor standing speakers. Having a blast. Want to make a custom subwoofer but I already have a working budget Sony subwoofer so I guess I'll pass for the time being. What do you all think?
centerspeaker.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Main drivers are Tang Band W3-881SJ 3" and the ribbon tweeter is Beston RT002A. I really like the little speakers, they need a subwoofer to fill in the boom on the bottom but have been working great so far. The cross over is at 2500 hz.

I used them on this set also, which I just finished. They are a set of powered speakers for my daughters. I painted them with car paint when it was in the low 40's high 30's. I know better than to paint when it is that cold but was anxious to get it done so the paint ended up running. My youngest likes the look, I do not. I think she's being nice.
powered speakers.jpg

Last edited:
I've never heard of them, but I can see that the W3s have a flat resspponse down to 100Hz although it maybe impacted by the enclosure.

I thought about using a line (8) of similar drivers in an open baffle design to try and simulate the Aeons electrostatic panels because I do love the sound of dipole speakers.

Reactions: 1 user