• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

First One - mosFET amplifier module

My guess would be an added driver stage between the VAS and the output.?...;)
I have already done that last year and used old medium Lateral MOSFET for the driver stage . The sound was good but I have damaged the amp and have not repaired it since then...

Your implementation is of course awesome . :up: Mine was done using modified boards with wiring....

Fab

Most likely like this.

uazUBAFffN71GaapwD65nH9OGVABNGw1qp7r0frhjvz1iTcy4TH2Gw24R3aB1K7UsqS6JFPn65rK6My4RdalMt0h5nuoQA1CxfrjypjpEr1S44xdT3W6j7MIVBFPdrqLywjEw1e0S9CIcxVS3O9CRcAxMddWN7oSjmOqqGj0Kx2CpDkeoVxn6FY5ubRhV6VIgaqJr4SjOwak6UDhEU1A4RFNQOERTUDhEU1A4RFNQOERTUDhEU1A4RFNQOERTUDhEU9J+0P8Hmd9BG+tWaFAAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

It helps keeping the drive circuit fast enough to lower the switchcurrents in the VAS stage. ;)
- Sonny

Attachments

• driver.jpg
    driver.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 573
Last edited:
Hi miksi

Normally those parts are selected carefully but no rocket science here, just pure and simple measurements. Also the second channel confirms the same measurements performance with ease.

Some recipes saved by the author, I'm sure it is understandable and acceptable hehe

Regards, L.C. :cheers:

Hi,

Is there any particular speaker protection (DC + tempo) that would you recommend to companion the First One?
I suppose a dual mono is preferable over a stereo unit with common ground.
In this category I spotted essentially 2 models version 1 and version 2
Advice welcome.

On another category, I suppose the first one features SE input (although I am not sure since symbo indicates IN+ and IN-). Does anyone came into a good balance to single-ended front-end solution?
Remark: my diy preamp is fully balanced (UGS pass like design) hence the question.

Thanks.

Hi Eric

I would choose version 2, since it has the same IC and strong relay. Version 1 has also RLC filter which is not needed in our case, First One has it already.

First One has un-balanced (single ended) input, so if you would like to use your preamp's balanced output than I would suggest you to:
1. use Lundhal line transformer in between or
2. simply use just positive output referenced to GND or
3. use two First One modules per channel in full balanced configuration

Regards, L.C.

First One - Full Balanced Stereo

Hi LC,

Can you show (with a schematic) how we can connect 2 FO in full balanced configuration
and what about with output power at 4 ohms.

The 2 FO must be matched ?

Thanks

Here are the First One amplifier modules in full balanced stereo configuration. :wiz:

First One has voltage gain in very tight tolerances, so doesn't need to be extra matched. :cool:

Watch the slew rate info. :faint:

Attachments

• First One - Full Balanced.jpg
    First One - Full Balanced.jpg
    430.4 KB · Views: 2,675
Hi Speedskater

OK, worse case scenario, galvanic isolation between preamp and First One full balanced amp with transformer coupling. Secondary of the transformer connected to two 10 kOhm input resistors located in each First One channel, referenced to GND, so symmetry of the secondary +/- voltages according to GND potential guarateed. Need more? :)