• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

First One - mosFET amplifier module

Interesting article. This explains why he dropped out of the DIY scene. I'm glad I built one back in the day. Best money I ever spent on a power amp build - without question. IMO the transparency and articulation of each and every note is so clear it's scary. Some people/engineers/designers are just born with a gift. I'm just glad he provided his First One modules to the DIY community. I know there many members sore he left us hanging with no support. Clearly, he was destined for greater audio ambitions.
I'd like to be able to look that positive... To me it looks more like that LC intentionally used DIY community as a free debugging grounds. For eg. Nelson Pass never left his DIY family hanging...

Reactions: 3 users
I'd like to be able to look that positive... To me it looks more like that LC intentionally used DIY community as a free debugging grounds. For eg. Nelson Pass never left his DIY family hanging...
One thing I’ve learned hanging around here for 10 yrs is there are no guarantees. I don’t expect DIY offerings to be backed up and supported like a commercial product would be. It’s a rare exception when they are. It’s simply the nature of the hobby. There are a couple of members here, that offer commercial grade products I’ve been interested in over the years, that do provide excellent support though.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi @gabor.lorinc87 ,

did the module die by your fault ?
Hi,
I don't think so, the engineer assembled the amplifier and during the testing phase one of the modules did not work under load. It was difficult to reach the seller but he answered and I sent the two modules back to him to fix them, but he still hasn't sent them back and he doesn't answer my email! That was about 1-1.5 years ago!

Hi,
I don't think so, the engineer assembled the amplifier and during the testing phase one of the modules did not work under load. It was difficult to reach the seller but he answered and I sent the two modules back to him to fix them, but he still hasn't sent them back and he doesn't answer my email! That was about 1-1.5 years ago!
Yeah... LC promised to many of us and than disappeared for good. Lame

take pictures of the board and the transistors/diodes.. There are markings on top. That part i can help you guys with to translate to transistor model.

Current feedback gives very high currents in the input pair. If BC850 and BC860 is used, Then I would replace them with SMMBT2907AL and SMMBT2222AL at least. The current rating is 6 times higher. Still the SOT23-3 is just to small a case. If you are subject it to DC on the input they can burn just because the power dissipation. After all they are normally only 250 to 300mW.

It is hard learning also for me.

I would also pull the bandwidth down from the 1.5MHz to the half to avoid too much oscillation. Most likely two capacitors that needs double value.

- Sonny

Reactions: 1 users
20230406_155603.jpg

Attachments

• 20230406_155611.jpg
    20230406_155611.jpg
    465.2 KB · Views: 90