• The Vendor's Bazaar forum is for commercial offers and transactions. Only unmoderated members can post here.

diyAudio provides this forum for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members. Use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

First One - mosFET amplifier module

500W SMPS for class-A amplifiers with +-25VDC output voltage, in addition to
+-15V AUX, 12V & 3.3V & standby option, etc...

It is made for CLASS-A Amplifiers, tests already made on the M2X amplifier with great success.

This SMPS guarantees a low voltage drop at 5A idle current. for example in stereo mode or in dual mono.

More to show later.

500W SMPS for class-A amplifiers with +-25VDC output voltage, in addition to
+-15V AUX, 12V & 3.3V & standby option, etc...

It is made for CLASS-A Amplifiers, tests already made on the M2X amplifier with great success.

This SMPS guarantees a low voltage drop at 5A idle current. for example in stereo mode or in dual mono.

More to show later.

Can it be tested for another class A like USSA5 ;)?
Fab

Can it be tested for another class A like USSA5 ;)?
Fab

Yes, it can be tested for that amplifier, but I dont have one assembled here.

However, some results are below

SMPS output voltage in idle @ 230VAC = +-25VDC
SMPS loaded 6A output voltage is 45VDC
SMPS loaded 16A output voltage is 41VDC

SMPS can take 30000uF ~ 50000uF per rail as extra capacitance, still need to test the maximum value.

However, loading the SMPS with 6A will require a FAN.

The first sample was assembled yesterday.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200822-013430_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20200822-013430_Photos.jpg
    322.7 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
Cresnet, I remember asking you about designing an SMPS for class A current but I was not aware you had succeeded:worship:
This quite impressive results you got.
Also, that is the first time I hear about an SMPS capable of handing that amount of extra capacitance.
USSA5 only requires about 1.5A per channel and uses square law effect of mosfet to maximize class A level.
Not sure I follow you when you say you have built a first sample yesterday but it has been tested on an M2X amp...:rolleyes:
I had problem with other SMPS in the past to perform proper amp grounding when there is only one ground terminal on the SMPS board. Is that the case for your SMPS?
Fab

Last edited:
Yes, it can be tested for that amplifier, but I dont have one assembled here.

However, some results are below

SMPS output voltage in idle @ 230VAC = +-25VDC
SMPS loaded 6A output voltage is 45VDC
SMPS loaded 16A output voltage is 41VDC

SMPS can take 30000uF ~ 50000uF per rail as extra capacitance, still need to test the maximum value.

However, loading the SMPS with 6A will require a FAN.

The first sample was assembled yesterday.

Thanks

Re. Additional capacitance: would it be possible to have an RC filter after the smps and use much more capacitance in the C part (R being close to 0.1 Ohm)

I would be very interested for that set up after seeing also Soulution using this method together with Meanwell HRP-600 models and in some models they have close to 500.000 uF capacitance per rail.