First attempt

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I listened to my friend's Koss ES.9 headphone yesterday. I listened to the same songs and compare between mine and Koss. Koss's definitely had a better bass than mine. I noticed that the Koss was a closed type whereas mine a open baffle type.

I really like the deeper base of Koss's. Do you think that by closing the rear of the phone will give better bass? Or is it something to do with diaphragm?

Wachara C.

I think there are only two reasons for using a closed back design for headphones--bass response and isolation. You could enclose your design and see what effect it has. Have you listened to Grado headphones? They are completely open-air. You can close then by covering the drivers with your hands and observe the effect. The Stax use foam to partly enclose/isolate the driver. Personally I prefer the open air sound--even if bass response suffers.
...j

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.