first atemp to make a gc gone wrong

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK, you should ahve the same voltage on the positive and negative rail!

So you have a problem in the PSU somewhere. :att'n:

I just completed a new GC this morning. I tested the voltage from the rectifiers before I connected up the regulators, then I tested the input voltages on the regulator and the output voltages. Only when I saw that they were correct did I connect the chips and even though this is a GC that I have used before, I still checked the DC offset! And even though the offset readings were 19mV and 20mV, I still connected my old test speaker and played music through each channel before connecting my 'good' speakers.

Testing for DC offset is described on Decibel Dungeon so it's 'back to school' for you Mr Wuffer! ;)

the psu is just like this one..

And do you have +35 volts on one side and -35 volts on the other?

And have you connected one negative rail to the positive rail on the other 'side'?

When you measure the voltage on your chips, you should measure between the voltage pin (positive or minus) and the power ground star which is at 9or should be at) zero volts.

Have you connected pin 5 to the positive suply?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.