Fired up DoZ project amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: 2N3055 PNP or NPN?

JRKO said:
I am just ordering my 'bits' for this amp but am stumped by the difference between PNP or NPN for the 2N3055 transistors.

is it pos-neg-pos or neg-pos-neg or what?

Also as there are only two legs on these devices I assume that the case or body is the third contact.

Am I gonna kill myself with this amp?:dead: :smash: :dead:

Hello,

Please search and read more if you want to learn. Or just follow the instructions of the kit and assemble one. You should download and print out a copy of the data sheet of 2N3055 and learn all the connectors like base, emitter and collector etc for the same device(transistor) make by different company may or may not have a different layout connectors orientation. You should always try and find a copy of the data sheet of the company that make the device you are going to use. Or just follow the kits building instructions.

As to your last question, any high DC voltage or any projects using mains off the wall CAN kill. But with good practice and do things properly it is relatively safe as any thing else in life.

Good Luck and keep reading, keep researching and reading. I am sure there are many experienced members here would love to help you, but you must also help them by preparing yourself too..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.