Finished my first LM3886 dual Mono Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hallo Bernd

Hallo, ich habe Deine Message gesehen und bin total beeindruckt.Ich mache das auch und kann ein paar neue ideen immer gut gebrauchen.
Was kostet Dcih das ganze Material in deutschen Euro's?
Hier bei mir kostet mich das Meterial 60 Pfund
.Freu mich neues und ein paar tips von Dir zu bekommen.
Ich komme aus England und bitte Dich in Englisch zu schreiben.
Danke im voraus und Liebe Gruesse,

Peter

for jaudio

I will check the actual die temperature of the chip amps when the electronics are installed inside the cabinet.I always test my systems thoroughly after their finished.This includes an automated frequency linearity sweep and a temperature profile at full power.The temperature sensors are linked to my computer via a 1-wire bus(Dallas Semiconductor).

Best regards Bob Cottiers

You cant measure the die temp since the amp chip does not have a temp diod that would report temps. It's like our computers the cpu has a temp diod that reports temps. what u will be able to measure is the temp of the heatsink itself. It wont be the die but you will get an idea of how hot it is running.

Temperature monitoring

When I say I am measuring the die temperature,it means I am placing a temperature measuring device right on the LM4780 device(closely coupled),the actual chip temperature is the critical parameter to be measured(as opposed to the temperature of the heatsink).I hope this clears things up.

For Evilizer: If there is poor thermal contact between the chip and the heatsink, measuring the heatsink temperature will give misleading readings,of course the "substrate temperature" cannot be monitored,in this point i agree with you.

Thanks Bob C.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.