Finished Dac Picture

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here a picture of my finished dac with the TDA1543, build into my Marantz CD4000.
Any tips for me.
Thanks Maarten

Attachments

• dacmv2l.jpg
    dacmv2l.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 723
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Looks OK but you can skip the CS8412 for better results. ( IIRC CD4000 has I2S so direct I2S would be the best solution ).

Please use shielded cable for the analog outputs. Avoid the use of that type connector ( kroonsteentje ) for 230 V AC in electronic gear. They can be quite dangerous with their open contacts. There are far more elegant solutions for connecting an extra transformer. A fuseholder is one of them and it has the extra benefit that your house won't burn when your cdplayer fails ;)

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Oops, you're right aparatusonitus. Was thinking of the slightly older series ( CD 38 etc. ). Haven't opened these much as I have become rather cautious after modding some Tjoebs and others. Very fragile PCB material. Tracks peel off easily. If I can avoid them I'll do that.

This one is like CD723 from Philips so oversampling is done in the SAA7378. Leave it like it is or try the TDA1543A as suggested. You'll loose the non os feature then and I am sure you're not after that.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.