• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

finding the right AMP from connexelectronic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi,

i need 6ch of amp for my active speakers project.

after research for few months, it seems the irs2092 based class d amp is one of the better performing amps.

i will use miniDSP 4x10 and/or TC Konnekt 48 as DSP platform to actively managed the drivers into 3way.

me and cristi have exchange emails in few bits, but there's things that im not yet clear (newbie and limited experience regarding diy amps)

cristi told me the IRS2092 scalable amp needs preamp (someone on other forum mention cristi told him that the IRS2092 modular is the best, as the cx300 and cx400D is "entry level"), im wondering if miniDSP good/loud enough to drive them.

im planning to use 6 x 150w IRS2092 modular with 1 x SMPS800RE, as to protect the drivers, and it wont need much power for active setup.

i really appreciate for any inputs regarding this.

cheers
henry

SMPS800R(E)+CxD400 Connection

I will post here brief instruction for connecting SMPS800R(E) and CxD400 modules. I hope this information will be usefull for most of the users, altough requires at least mininal electronics knowledge to avoid smoking-out the boards. At the switch terminals, a mains swtich must be connected (a device which has two or more terminals and when pushing a button connect those two terminals together through a mecanical assembly. the switch does not have + and - as I was asked)

To operate the CxD400 modules, only need to apply power to the green connector as is indicated in the above pictures. nothing else need just the input signal, as follows:

Signal Pinout:

pin1: Inverting input
pin2: GND
pin3: Non-inverting input
pin4: GND
pin5: Shut-down (output, will be ~5V when mute, below 0V when not mute)
pin6: Mute (normally unmuted, need to pull to GND to mute)
pin7: Temperature feedback (output voltage proportional with the temperature of the heatsink)

If no other signal is needed than input and mute, leave them unconnected.

If unbalanced input is used, connect only one input for example pin1 and pin2 for left channel to signal input GND, and pin3 to Signal Input. If the signal must be 180* inverted, then connect pin 1 and as signal input and pin 2&3 to signal GND at input connector side.

Attachments

• SMPS800RE+CxD400.JPG
    SMPS800RE+CxD400.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.