FINALLY I modified it

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yieeeeeeeehhhhhhaaa

At least the amp sound as I wanted!!!

The sound is normal with 0.47 µF, and warm with 1µF; so I'll took the 1µF of course (;)); for higher sounds use 0.25µF.

I think I will use these three values with a switch, so you can adjust the amp to your speakers with the switch.

Hey, do I hear CCR 'live' in my hobby-room :) ???

HB.

Now, I've got even better sound with the 0.47µF input cap (1µF was too heavy with some songs), and a 100µF placed over the biasing circuit.

Tomorrow I will add the MJ15003/15004 transistors to the circuit, how many should I place in parallel to play with 4 ohm load (or bridged 8ohm)??

HB.

I'm think to use 4 PCB's in total with each 4 transistors
So, that will make 16 transistors in total, and the acht plastic ones, for the bridged stereo-version, which can will drive 8 ohm load.
woooh, I've made that heatsink + fans already, and have also the necessary supplies and the caps, so I only need to make 3 another PCB's. That will take about two or three weeks to make that PA-amplifier I always wanted.

I will publish some pictures if it is so far...

HB.

hey thanks,

the amp works fine but I want to change some things ( ;) ).
As I've told the TIP142/147 are not enough (they blew again when I made a little mistake with setting up the bias...).
So, I think I'll get me some new components thursday or friday.

This is what I've got in mind to change:

*)when I have my new TIP's I can add the Mj15003/15004's too
*)change the bootstrapping thing (R9-R8-C5) into a current source
*)change the bias diodes and the potmeter by a fixed resistor; I will try to make the current of the current source depending of the temperature with some diodes (and a resistor) in front of the base of the current source (transistor)
*)so I have to make a new pcb too

I will publish the whole new schematic as soon as possible...

HB.

so the global view of the new schematic will be something like this:
-D2 and D3 are in thermal contact with the output transistors

-right values and pcb will be added

-any comments welcome, sorry for the unclear picture.

HB.

Attachments

• schema2.jpg
    schema2.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 554
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.