• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Finally finished my first tube amp!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Merlinb,
The outlets here are three prong. There are some line cords that are two prong, but they are polarized. Now the really old stuff is non polarized, two prong.

Just setting the record straight for you.

Unfortunately we have outlawed Darwin. Useful chap. The weakest links will kill us all!

-Chris

You ARE talking about Canadian girls right?

Actually I find the inch a more convenient unit as opposed to the millimeter.

But whenever I do anything involving mechanics... I convert all to metric. Slugs.... ugh... pounds... people think they're weight!

BTW... that's independant, not colonial.

:D

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Merlinb,
We save the really large plugs for real power. You have them on shavers for pete's sake! Your outlets are large enough for 50W wall transformers! And night (search) lights? How big do they really have to be?

Now the other issue I see is this. I do not understand how anyone could mistake a dual banana plug for an AC plug. Now I can't use my nice 30A speaker connecting leads on most amps because "you guys" had to demand they be changed. Anyone who actually wsa silly enough to plug a speaker wire into one of your wall outlets learned quickly I imagine.

-Chris ;) :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.