Finally, an affordable CD Transport: the Shigaclone story

woodturner-fran said:
Can anyone confirm that the shigaclone uses the 16 pin version of the sanyo SF-P01N mech?

Fran

Yes. And when you install it, take good note of the instruction to remove the solder bridge that protects the laser diode. I bought my spare mech from a fellow member here and I thought it was faulty because I didn't know about that. Works fine now though. :cool:

John

This evening I went again ahead with the display...

I really take my time with this for it is directly in view
.................(hence the word display :smirk: )

This frontpanel will get the toc-switch, the standard (be it blue)
display with for me sufficient info, and 2 buttons start and stop

BTW The stop button will be connected to the trackselection (forward) a far better deal since the toc automatically takes care of stop...I forgot...

:ashamed:

Attachments

• display.jpg
    display.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 1,381
Hi Guys

disassembled the boombox yesterday, just replaced/removed the components as depicted in okapi's pdf, I must say :bigeyes: wow.

Well, I didn't use fancy components (no BG), only a couple Cerafines I had around and a Nichicon Muse. PS is simple 7808 based.

digital out connected to PDaniel's Premium NOS DAC (thanks Peter it sounds very good) and to Aleph P1.7 + F4.

back to listening session, now.

Thanks
Vale

jonners said:

Yes. And when you install it, take good note of the instruction to remove the solder bridge that protects the laser diode. I bought my spare mech from a fellow member here and I thought it was faulty because I didn't know about that. Works fine now though. :cool:

John

can you take a pic or describe where this solder bridge is located?