Filter brewing for the Soekris R2R

Just reporting back that I have no pops and cracks now I have loaded 1.21 firmware.
When I was running 1.19 I was getting these on certain file formats.
I've also loaded the latest skr this thread has produced. Great work guys, really appreciate your efforts in getting this DACs boundaries pushed further.

So one of my nc400 channels was injecting a good 400mv of DC offset back into the audio chain after it warms up, ended up having to re-adjust the pots on the ncore module to zero it, seems silly how they can drift out so much. That explained the random low volume performance which seemingly came and disappeared randomly. DC offset on the loudspeaker output was always 0 so its not something I expected.

Last edited:
So one of my nc400 channels was injecting a good 400mv of DC offset back into the audio chain after it warms up, ended up having to re-adjust the pots on the ncore module to zero it, seems silly how they can drift out so much. That explained the random low volume performance which seemingly came and disappeared randomly. DC offset on the loudspeaker output was always 0 so its not something I expected.

But the dam swallows that with hiccup every once in a while and not audible steady distortion? I always wondered what will happen in the case of dc offset on the dam resistors....wasn’t brave enough to try....

But the dam swallows that with hiccup every once in a while and not audible steady distortion? I always wondered what will happen in the case of dc offset on the dam resistors....wasn’t brave enough to try....

When the amps were cold it wasn't an issue until after they finally come up to temperature, which takes a good hour. Over time they seem to have drifted a very large amount, as I've done this recalibration a few times in the past.

And the above with the same as before TNT44/48.

//

Hello guys,

Quick question from a newbie:
I have Audiozen SK lite board for display and filter selection. If I upload the filters from the above pack, what do I need to do in particular ? Does it work plug and play? I have 4 type of filter to be selected on the screen (Linear, mixed, minimum, soft)

Will the Linear become TNT’s one for 44/48 and back to Soekris 4K if >48kHz?
Then Mixed will become EQHQ_lpbr_b....? and so on

Is this correct?

Also I’m running 1.19, do you recommend to upgrade to 1.21?

Thanks for your support

Faboz

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
For Sören... I did some trials on FIR2. I didn't manage to something better that the delivered ones. But my trials made me come to the conclusion that the FIR2 seem to be almost as sensitive to changes as the FIR1. It seems to me that the DAM would really benefit from more taps in FIR2. If there is capacity, please allocate 4k for FIR2 also? At least 2k....

//

PS. maybe a FIR1+FIR2 total (6-8k?) where use can divide the resource free between 1 and 2?

Last edited:
For Sören... I did some trials on FIR2. I didn't manage to something better that the delivered ones. But my trials made me come to the conclusion that the FIR2 seem to be almost as sensitive to changes as the FIR1. It seems to me that the DAM would really benefit from more taps in FIR2. If there is capacity, please allocate 4k for FIR2 also? At least 2k....

//

PS. maybe a FIR1+FIR2 total (6-8k?) where use can divide the resource free between 1 and 2?

A larger independently switchable FIR2 bank has been something Paul was asking for since the beginning, and even Soren will say just to use a DSP if you want to do anything exotic. He should move his focus on a dam board that can do full active crossover with delay if the current hardware has a limitation, maybe an sdram buffer needed? Everything is moving to active crossover with full room correction abilities and he should chase that.

It's hardware, you can't just move memory use around like if it was software....

So basically its a new dam board with low latency sdram interface to the fpga, get an FPGA with less ram, more DSP blocks and build an ram interface into the next dam. You endgame'd with the 1941, exploring more exotic uses for the dam arch seems to be the next logical step IMO. I'm sure many will buy a type of true 4 channel 19xx board with full delay/crossover abilities.