Filter brewing for the Soekris R2R

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Also maybe ask yourself why you are in this game and what your goals are.

My 44,1 filter is optimised on my understanding of the sampling theorem and what I think is the most important. I will reveal everything inc. publishing the .txt file once you have tried it. And analog_sa has made a measurement on it :)

//

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Well, if you asked me 2 days ago I would have said confident as MKROM produced it. But as I managed to make a filter that made my all 3 of my 5 volt SMPS feeding the 1121 go into hick-up mode (all feeding DIYINHK LT3045 based regulator boards), I suppose they current limited, I better maybe try them first ;)

It had to do with using biquads - but still...

//

Also maybe ask yourself why you are in this game and what your goals are.

My 44,1 filter is optimised on my understanding of the sampling theorem and what I think is the most important. I will reveal everything inc. publishing the .txt file once you have tried it. And analog_sa has made a measurement on it :)

//

I'd like to test it, but I need the highpass filter removed. Otherwise I would be comparing apples to oranges.

I have DAM1021 rev5
I recently upgraded to 1.19 and since I know the issue is present for some users, I can more or less ear some of pops in some tracks.
Is it in the music recording and I didn't notice this before the upgrade (because not paying real attention), I cannot tell fore sure... On some tracks, it is reproducible. So If the issue is random, then must be in the track...
Sorry if this sounds crazy, but I prefer to ask!

Since the other thread was closed I think it's time to once again bring up the filters. I've been comparing some HQPlayer filters to the stock 4k ones and IMO the stock ones really aren't all that great, I feel there is still better performance out of Paul's old C128 filter in many different material, things just sound more revealing while remaining relaxed, not overly bright with more detailed bass, while the stock 4K filters tends to muffle more complicated rock material. The various HQPlayer filters, especially poly-sinc-xtr make material like Dream Theater sound significantly more detailed, especially percussion that otherwise sounds more covered and muffled out when a lot of other instruments are playing which all are individually discernible on the soundstage with hqplayer poly-sinc-xtr. I too thought the new 4K filters were the bees knees until messing with others again and then HQplayer. However we are stuck with what we have in the DAC itself it seems....

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I believe your DAC is quite heavily modified - right? If so, it will be hard discussing filters as they execute on such different platform? After all, I suppose its the combo you listen to.

What did you mean by "However we are stuck with what we have in the DAC itself it seems...." - HW?

//