Filter brewing for the Soekris R2R

I do not think Paul gave up because of the small fraternity of DIYAudio idiots who are akin to mosquitos on a beautiful balmy summer evening.

He opened his own blog where he had control over the nonsense. (moredamfilters)

He decided there was lots more to learn and he decided he would take a sabbatical and refresh his math skills.

Just tried to go to the blog and he has shut it down. Must have found something better to do! Good for Paul!!!

Joined 2000
Paid Member
MKROM.EXE Syntax

Can anyone tell me the syntax for mkrom.exe? Looks simple enough...

Tried using MS CMD changed dir to txt location.
Even placed the mkrom.exe in the folder.
Keep getting in "invalid file name".
Are ther any switches involved?

Directory of C:\Software\DAM1021 Filters\1021filt_106_oneoclock

06/21/2017 07:24 PM <DIR> .
06/21/2017 07:24 PM <DIR> ..
06/21/2017 07:06 PM 435,950 1021filt106.txt
06/21/2017 07:45 PM 51,200 MKROM.EXE
2 File(s) 487,150 bytes
2 Dir(s) 287,330,148,352 bytes free

C:\Software\DAM1021 Filters\1021filt_106_oneoclock>MKROM.EXE 1021filt106.txt

Soekris Engineering mkrom utility vers 0.96, 20160129
Invalid filename 1021filt106.txt

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Was able to hear 3 of oneoclock's filters last night: linear, mixed and minimum. So far I liked them in that order. They all have a greater sense of scale and there's nice details not heard before. Been listening to the same playlist for over 2 weeks, so it's surprising to hear new details. Great localization of instruments. With the minimum setting, I could turn my head to face the instruments without shifting the rest the image.

Looking forward to hearing the rest of the filters. Thanks for such great work!
Definitely on the right track now.

Vince

Was able to hear 3 of oneoclock's filters last night: linear, mixed and minimum. So far I liked them in that order. They all have a greater sense of scale and there's nice details not heard before. Been listening to the same playlist for over 2 weeks, so it's surprising to hear new details. Great localization of instruments. With the minimum setting, I could turn my head to face the instruments without shifting the rest the image.

Looking forward to hearing the rest of the filters. Thanks for such great work!
Definitely on the right track now.

Vince

Do you refer to the filters posted in this post?

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digi...lter-brewing-soekris-r2r-138.html#post5113509

Joined 2000
Paid Member
I can't get back to the original filters and now all the filter banks are mixed up.

I'm able to download anything I want, it just doesn't take new changes.
Tried power cycling but it's still scrambled. Will only play frequencues displayed in filters command.

Any ideas how to fully reset?

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Screenshots of selected filters versus what's displaying and playing.

Attachments

• filterproblem.jpg
    filterproblem.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 489