• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

filament supply: batteries v TentLabs?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Guido,

Hmm, it's not so much the noise across the output pins as it is the common mode noise on the reg referenced to system ground that concerns me. I suppose it depends on the transformer used and so forth. It just seems like a complicated system, adding extra little parasitic paths for ac current. Maybe it's all so far down that it's totally inaudible, but it would worry me.

I guess I'm lucky I can't afford any DHT's to heat at the moment!

Rescue Toaster said:
Guido,

Hmm, it's not so much the noise across the output pins as it is the common mode noise on the reg referenced to system ground that concerns me. I suppose it depends on the transformer used and so forth. It just seems like a complicated system, adding extra little parasitic paths for ac current. Maybe it's all so far down that it's totally inaudible, but it would worry me.

I guess I'm lucky I can't afford any DHT's to heat at the moment!

Hi

The filament always has a low impedance to ground (directly in case of fixed bias, via a decoupling cap in case of cathode bias) so why the worry for common mode ?

best

Bas Horneman said:
Why not build your own?
pdf
http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/susan.soeters/TechGraphix/PDF/Electronisch/FilamentSupply.pdf

or if you don't have pdf check out the attached jpg.

This is one Kees Soeters built for his 27 driver tube.

Hi all,

I built one for my 300B power tube amp but something is wrong. In my first attempt I blow up some 1N5822 diodes. After that I replaced all diodes by a bridge KBU 6G (6 A) but it heat a lot (I also placed a small heatsink but the problem is not solved). (see att. schematic with some measures I have done and add this one I=1,13 A after the bridge)

Any comments or suggestions are very welcome (and sorry my English).

Katapum

Attachments

• test_00.jpg
    test_00.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 900
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.