FFT / RTA measurement software for Mac

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ARTA and Mac

ARTA Requirements

" Notice for Linux and Mac OS X users

Arta can be used on computers with Linux and Mac OS X operating systems by using Windows emulator programs: Wine on Linux, and Crossover (version of Wine) on Mac.

First install Windows emulator program, then install Arta software using regular ArtaSetupXXX.exe program.

Before starting ARTA, in Wine Configuration Dialog a) set default sound input and output devices and b) set frame of windows to have the Windows native look."

Regards
Heinrich

Paired up a Scarlett 2i2 and P.millet's audio interface on the mac using Room EQ Wizard for RTA (to measure THD and THD+N) and full range sweeps. Just actually finished it yesterday and measured my Mini DSP and Tubelab SSE, after calibrating via loopback. Works pretty well for me. The 2i2 alone has a noise floor of approx 120db (using REW @ 16/44 sampling).

Also using REW, you can calibrate the USB audio interface with pmillet's interface to get ruler flat response and work from there.

Maybe later I might purchase Signal Scope, but i'm still deciding on that.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.